Chapter 27

Oliver arrived at his house 25 minutes after he got the call.

Swinging his leg off his motorcycle, he couldn’t help but feel happy about the way Felicity talked about the city. She has just as much passion for their home as he did.

Their home... Could we ever have a home together? The thought brought a big smile to his lips.

“Thea!” he caught her attention as she came down the stairs, “What the ‘big emergency’?”

“Hey, Oliver... I thought you working at the office all night?” she asked with a queer expression. “Wait... what emergency?”

Oliver put his hands across his chest, wanting to be in, out, and back with Felicity before she made the call. “The one that you pulled me away from my very important work for.”

Thea’s face never swayed from being blank. “Me? I haven’t called you. I know what you do is very important... I haven’t talked to you all night.”

He sighed and pushed around her while they both walked into the living room. “Mom,” he said, “What’s the problem?”

Mrs. Queen had the same confused expression that her daughter had. “Is there a problem I need to know about?”

“No,” Oliver said rolling his eyes, “The one Thea called me about?”

Both of them shrugged. “Did you imagine it? I know that work place of yours can it a bit annoying.

Oliver stood back and looked at both of them. “Are you messing with me?”

Mrs. Queen shook her head, “Honey, of course not. Now what is this issue that needs to be solved.”

Oliver’s face went blank.

“I heard you on the phone. It was Thea’s voice!”

Thea shrugged. “Wasn’t me... I swear, Oliver, I haven’t called you.

Mrs. Queen said, “If you didn’t call him here then who did?”

Oh. My. God... “Felicity!” Oliver’s feet was in motion, ignore the beckoning calls from his family that was behind him.