Chapter 6

Oliver walked up to Felicity dodging her head from one screen to the other. "Felicity," he said calmly, "it's time to go home."

"I didn't know you were still here," Felicity said not acknowledging his last statement. "Feel free to go. I'm just gonna stay a little bit longer."

"Felicity-"

"Oliver, there is a cure out there, I know it, I just have to find it. This is the last test I'll run before going home." Felicity tried to convince him that she was telling the truth. "Promise," she looked up at him and begged with her eyes.

Oliver could clearly tell that she was dedicated. This was a big problem, huge, and Oliver wanted to put it to an end, but they weren't going to find the answer by making mistakes.

"Alright..." he said unwillingly and turned to leave

"Bye-bye," Felicity said tapping her fingers together impatiently.

"Sleep well," Oliver said limping out the door.

But Felicity didn't sleep well, in her soft comfortable home, she slept on the desk of the computers.

***

Dig shook her shoulder forcing her to wake up. "Felicity, wake up. Come on, friend, wakey, wakey."

Felicity's eyes peek open the slightest until she realizes that it's morning. "My test!" she said jumping out of her chair and looking at her computer screen. "I knew it..." she said gathering her things together.

"What?" Dig said, "Have you found something about the virus?"

"Not exactly, but something about it's victims. All of the people that have died from the virus were men... unfaithful men. I never saw anything like it before. The autopsies say that all the men's testosterone levels were boosted off the charts. They were all married."

"How'd you find out that they were all unfaithful?" he asked.

"Hours and hours of computer staring," she said smiling happy to have a lead, even if it was a small one.

She looked at the clock. "I'm late!" she yelled grabbing her coat and flinging it over her shoulder.

"For what?"

"A date..." she said smiling not really meaning it.

"Right now? We just got a leak in the case."

"I know," she said, "I know, but this is his area of expertise, not mine." She waited for him to say something.

"Who?" Dig asked.

"Barry Allen."

"Listen, are you sure you want to go? You don't have to, not today." Dig's face was soft and considerate.

"Yeah..." Felicity said swallowing. "Today is that day, isn't it?" She sighed and pushed Brian from her mind. "That doesn't matter now. We have people to save, and we're on the clock," she said walking up the steps.

Dig runs after her, "What am I going to tell Oliver?" he yelled.

"Tell him exactly what I told you!" she said. "I am on a date!" She said passing Oliver through the door.