Chapter 54

Felicity walked out Oliver’s balcony, that is until she lost sight of Oliver in his bedroom - thats when she took off running because she couldn't handle the pain in her stomach. Like someone stabbed her over and over again, and the pain travled up hurting her ribs so she can't breathe and even effected her eye sight.

She hit the ground with force when she tripped and fell a toward the water fountian in their back yard. Tears streamed down her face - stinging the sweaty skin near her eyes.

She made strange noises in between a cry and a gasp and a moan. She sniffled, knowing she needed to stop crying, someone would hear her, and then it was only a matter of time before they asked her what was wrong. And if they asked what was wrong she couldn't even beggin to say that she was fine because they would know that she wasn't.

They'd help her back inside, gently, and help her to her room. But she doesn't want to go to Oliver's house, she wants to get out, get away, from all of this. She ran once, she could do it again... But what about the Team? The one that is supposed to stand tall and strong aganist the evil in this City? Felicity is one of the three maincompoents, Oliver might need her again one day.

Oliver?

Oh, Oliver...

Tears streamed down harder and harder. She didn't want Oliver to need her anymore. What he said... In all their other fights, she could she past his rough and edgy exterrior through to his soul and understand that he was uppset, furious and she'd get mad still, but she'd always understand.

Now, though... His soul was dark. She could read him crystal clear and what she found at the bottom of his soul was unforgivable.

Blaming it all on me? Felicity thought, No... This wasn't my fault! It wasn't Oliver's either, but if he doesn't see that, it's not my fault.... I've tried, so, so hard to make him see what I see, but maybe what I saw was wrong. What if this is the real Oliver?

I love working with Oliver, I loving helping him be the Vigilante, being the Vigilante with him! Helping him become a hero and using my skills to help other people be safe... But maybe I shouldn't be doing this with Oliver, Felicity thought. There are other heroes out there, right? It is very clear that he is tired of my unasked for help, and I apparently put the whole enitre city at risk...

Maybe he was right though, I should have caught this ealier... Felicity thought, But I also realize that I am through doing things for Oliver and being his girl Friday... I thought he had more honor and desency than that.

Felicity started at her relfection in the water. So much for her water-proof mascara. Lines strained down all over her cheeks and her smooth pulled back hair had stands streaming down in an unfashionally look.

"Leave, Felicity, go, it's all right..." Her reflection said giving her a sad smile, "Something better is out there, something better always is! You'll get over this, you just need to put this behind you and you'll be happy! Don't you trust me? Go, Felicity!"

Felcity said to herself over and over trying to believe it, "Get up, you'll be fine... You always are."

She heard a brach break under someone's foot and Felicity snapped her head up to see warm brown eyes staring back at her in the darkness of the night.

"Felcity?" Carly crept closer to Felicty's body that was shaking, but it wasn't from the cold. Carly undid John's jacket that she grabbed running out the door and flung it over Felicity's small shoulders. "Oh, honey, come here..."

Felicity cried some more as Carly shrank down to Felicity's level of the water fountain and pulled out a brush from her purse and undid Felicty's hair. She didn't ask questions, Carly knew better than that, when Felicity was ready to talk about it, she would. And Carly would listen with a sympathetic ear.

"W-What - What are you doing here?" Felicity sobbed pulling the coat tighter around her shoulders even though she was sweating.

"Well, I had to tell you something," Carly said brushing the stray locks back into place and pulling out the grass in her hair.

Felicity turned around so she could look at Carly. "What's that?" she sniffled.

"Well..." Carly faked a sigh, "That if they weren't so sexy I'd turn gay." Carly didn't need Felicity to tell her why she was so upset, she knew the answer. She smiled, and said blew out the word like they were such stress, "Boys... They're such pains...!" 

Felcity laughed sadly, and said, "Thank you."

"Shh," Carly smiled and kissed the top of her head and holding her shoulders closer while they shook from the pain. "Cry now, no one else is here."

"You know, I feel betrayed somehow... I don't know why, though..."

Carly got the thought in her head that Oliver cheated and pulled Felicty's closer. "Well, I don't know what happened, so I'm not going to pretend like I do, but... All I know is that the saddest thing about betrayl is that it never comes from those we hate. It always comes from the people you less expect it to be like your friends and family." Carly said slowly feeling a certain hate toward Oliver stronger than before, "I mean... You should always be careful who you trust. The Devil was once an Angel."

"That's the thing, though, isn't it? Oliver," she choked saying his name, "he can be annoying, and he's hilarious. He's the world's biggest ass. He makes me scream and he ruins my days. He drives me crazy and he's out of his mind! I hate him! But... He's the only one I'll ever love," Felicity cried. "I'm so exhausted of this place, and I want out, is that bad? To get out of all the drama and pain?"

"Shh, Felicity, shh... You need to rest, talk about the bastard later, okay?"

Felicity re ran the words she heard comming from the mouth she kissed so many times. "I blame you!... And because of you I wasn’t able to catch the biggest threat yet, Felicity... People are dying, all this, all these dead bodies are on you!... After all this time, just now you're figuring this out?... Don't blame me, because you didn't have it this time..." The words echoed in her head while she cried herself to sleep on Carly's lap.