Chapter 47

Oliver was sitting by at his house waiting for Felicity’s call. He wondered what they were doing – talking about. They weren’t doing anything. They were talking. They were talking? They were talking. Oliver wondered if Felicity was laughing or paying attention. He wondered if Eric had told her she looked beautiful… Oliver pressed his fist harder into his hands as he tapped his foot against the carpet floor. Oliver was restless and he has tried working out some more in his room, taking a shower, watching a movie, but that just wasn’t distracting his mind from Felicity.

He fell back onto the bed now trying to get some sleep, but when the phone rang, he imminently jumped forward to reach it.

“Oliver?” Felicity cried turning the wheel, tears were streaming down her face making it hard to see. “W-where are you?”

“Felicity?” Oliver asked with a worried or angry tone, Felicity couldn’t tell which. “Felicity, where are you? What’s wrong? Are you okay?”

Felicity couldn’t stop her sobs as the flashes filled her head of Brain and Miranda. She said, “I… I don’t know… I’m fine, I think…” Her thoughts were scattered and she could barely concentrate on keeping her voice aduible. “It was her! Eric brought her to lunch, can you believe that? Oh my god,” she cried some more not trying to even stop the tears since it was no use.

“Felicity? Where are you?” Oliver asked already running down the stairs. “I’m coming, okay? I’ll be there soon, but I need to know where you are.” He tried to keep her calm, and he didn’t know if it was working, but Felicity was trying to think of something else now as she pulled the car over and shut the engine off.

Felicity tried to look around but she couldn’t see any land markers or things that could help describe where she is to Oliver.

“I - I don’t know! Oliver, I don’t know! Why does she get to live but Brain’s dead?”

“Felicity,” he voice was soothing and he said, “I need you to concentrate. What do you see?”

“A forest.”

“Good,” he said, “what else?”

She looked around some more to her right was just a road but to her left was the trees and a sign that has different arrows on it. She read one and said, “A park, I think. And…” She checked her review mirror, she narrowed her eyes. “A church?”

Why would I drive here? Felicity thought. I’m not a Christian

Felicity got out of her car and walked up to the sign as Oliver’s mind went through the possible possibilities of where she could be.

“The sign says, ‘Saint-“ Felicity’s brow relax as the thought dawned on her of why she was here.

Oliver knew where she was and started up the engine, it came to life with a gentle purr as he said, “I think I know where you are, okay? Felicity, stay on the line with me, I’ll be there in ten minuets. Felicity? Felicity!”

But she wasn’t listening, the phone flipped shut and she slowly walked forward taking gulps every now and then to get the knot out of her throat.

She knew the path toward the stone very well, she was here frequently enough and she guessed that’s why she drove here, her subconscious knew the way and she wanted to see him.

Her fingers dust off the leaves that blew onto of his tombstone and they fall to the soft grass.

She didn’t know what to really say, so normal useless words just slipped out. “Hi, Brian,” she swallowed saying his name aloud either made her feel better or worse. Today, it was a little of both. “Sometimes… Sometimes I wish that heaven had visiting hours… Just so that I could see you smile again and call me an annoyance, or-“