Chapter 29

Felicity got found her way back to her house, she didn't know if she should call Oliver, or Diggle. She didn't risk it.

Instead, she called the one woman in her life. "Carly?"

"Hey! Felicity? What's wrong, honey?"

"Well, I need you to do me a favor. Are we still on for that date to go shopping?"

"What date?"

Felicity pouted. "Didn't John ask you to the-"

"Queen's Memorial!" Carly said, "I totally forgot. I don't have a dress! Felicity, you have to go shopping with me!"

"When?" Felicity said hoping they could get together soon and she would secretly slip John a note that said she was fine and safe, but not to call her.

"Now!"

Felicity checked her watch. "All the stores will be closed."

"Are you kidding me? Not in Starling City! All the good stores just opened," Carly knew that she would spend some cash if they went shopping right now, but it'd be worth it.

"It's dark out," Felicity tried to convince her friend.

"Please..." Carly begged. "I need a dress. John didn't even get me roses when he said he was sorry, it was like he was reading my mind! I mean nothing says 'I'm- trying-to-win-your-heart-even-though-your-husband-was-my-brother' like a dozen of red roses." Felicity laughed at that. "What?" she asked.

"Nothing," Felicity sighed and said, "Fine, I'll go tonight."

"Meet me in an hour?"

"Hey, are you gonna call John? I think he should know where you are, since you guys had a date night tonight... right?"

"Yeah, I'll call him and apologize. He'll understand though..." Carly said suspsious of why Felicity suddenly asked the question the way she did.

"Good," Felicity said happily.

"Verdant sound good place to meet? We'll grab a bite to eat before we go on our shopping spree!"

"Meet you there in an hour." Felicity hung up and flopped down on her bed thinking, Carly, you don't know I'm using you a little bit, but I can't call John right now... Thank you. Please, just tell him I'll be with you...

She shut her eyes and relaxed before she got up and went to the shower. Getting clean, and dressed, she walked out of her apartment smiling. We can beat these guys, she thought walking down the steps, I just know we can.

***

Oliver was pacing back and forth. What happened? God, I hate waiting.... Hurry up Diggle, Felicity could be hurt!

Diggle's phone rang and went to pick it up when Oliver's hand clamped down on it. "It's just Carly. We need to find Felicity. Please, not now, call Carly back later... Help me find Felicity. Hurry, concentrate. We don't need you distracted right now."

Diggle nodded and silenced the cell phone. Only it didn't stay silent for long. Oliver glared down at Diggle. "It's hard to concentrate when that thing is going. It'll only be a second."

Oliver groaned and released the phone over to Diggle. "Three minutes."

"Two," Diggle reasurred him. He flipped open the phone. "Diggle here," he said lightening his tone a little bit. "Hey, Carly, I have to cancel for tonight, I know that we have spent a long - Really? You're calling to cancell? Why?"

Who cares?! Oliver screamed in his head. You've told her that you've had to cancell, not hang up the phone! Felicity's beeng gone longer than 3 hours! She could be hurt! Dying! God, she could be getting tortured for all I knew...

"Felicty? Carly, when exactly did you last talk to Felicity?" This caught Olivers attention. Diggle put the phone on speaker.

Carly said, "Well, not even 45 minuets ago? She called me and set up a meeting for us to meet at Verdant to have dinner. Chit-chat. Girl talk, nothing much interesting." Carly left out the part about going shopping for a dress.

Oliver picked up the phone. "When? When are you meeting?"

"In 10 minutes," she said. "Why?"

"Did she say anything speific? Anything she asked you to do?" Oliver swallowed.

"No, athough she made sure I called Diggle and let him know that I was cancelling since I was going out with Felicity."

Oliver almost laughed and shouted, and screamed with joy. Felicity was alright, and since she was alright, so was he. "Thank you," he yelled running up the steps of the club. "God, thank you doesn't even cover it..."

Felicity.... She was so smart, and now, she was okay....