Chapter 10

"Oliver," Felicity called out to him in an unusual tone, "Oliver, this was just posted from the man in the mask. 

"Pull-"

"Already done," she said hitting play on the big screen so they could all see.

They form a circle around the TV, Oliver right beside Felicity. She could hear his impatient radiating off his body. She placed a hand of his sturdy shoulder. She said quietly, "It'll be okay," and just like that, Oliver was reassured.

He took her soft cold hand in his and held it close to him. It felt right to have her hand in his, like it was the most simplest thing to do. She smiled at him and looked at the video.

Before them, was a man in a skull mask; his voice soundest like it could cut glass, full of horror and no mercy. It sent shivers down Felicity's spine in the most dreadful way.

"Hello," said he who looked like the devil, "Starling City citizens. You're probably wondering why this plague is spreading. One answer: To kill The Hood. Now, I'm sure that all of you have different thoughts about him, he's a hero, he's a murder; I really don't care. But, let me assure you, he is a man. He has feelings. Emotions. Sadness. Loss. Guilt. Hate. Jealousy... Love." Felicity looked up at Oliver and he looked down at her blue crystal eyes. She looked away. No, she said to herself. Not possible. Not possible with this girl. He's you're boss. Get that through your head, Felicity!

He said, "This disease will spread. It will spread all over the city... it will eventually get to everyone. But, please, we are smarter than to kill a whole town unless we have too." The Devil's eyes looked straight at Felicity it seemed. "There is a cure. A cure. One." He holds up a white vile.

"And this is it... now, The Hood has a choice. To either give it to himself and save the whole by duplicating it once it is in his blood stream, or, give it to his beloved, and watch the city come to crumbles. Now, Hood, I would advise that pick one of these, because if you put the cure in your blood stream and then try to give it to her, bad things are gonna happen to the one you love most... and please, we have an idea about who that is. Don't try and outsmart us..."

"This can't happen," Oliver mumbled, "This isn't happening."

Felicity let go of Oliver's hand and went over to the computers once the screen went black. From everything that she saw on the screen, there was a black background, and nothing that she could hear was out of place, but that didn't mean that the computers didn't hear something.

She analyzes the film quickly with trusty hands; Oliver stands still watching an empty screen.

"Oliver," Diggle said quietly, "You know what the right decision is; but who do you think the man in the skull mask is talking about?"

"I don't know..." Oliver shook his head. "I don't know..." It could be Thea, or his mother. Oliver's eyes fell over to Felicity.

I'm not falling in love with you, his thoughts said, but a part of himself doubted it. A part of himself was laughing, saying the jokes on him.

Felicity could feel his eyes on her but she kept working feeling his presence. She dreamed what it would be like to be loved by Oliver. His soft and controlled touch on her sensitive skin. Hearing that pleasurable voice when she woke up every morning.

She laughed to herself. He's not falling in love with me. Oliver Queen is attracted to the glamorous and the wealthy. Girls who aren't plain and great in bed. Well, I have no idea if I'm great in bed seeing how I've never done it before... she blushed at the thought. She's kept her promise to Brian. Oliver Queen was attracted to people just as beautiful as himself. Oliver was nowhere in Felicity's league. Felicity was everything but glamorous and attractive and rich and wild. Well, she could get crazy but with Oliver? No... she always did the wrong thin when Oliver was around.

Except if she was hacking.

No, she knew it, he's not falling in love with me.