Chapter 51

Diggle pulled Felicity into the hallway to talk out of ear shot from Blood.

“Sebastian’s lying,” Diggle said quietly to Felicity. “Oliver would know. He wouldn’t be involved in this, someone would know. Oliver would know,” he repeated.

“Would he?” Felicity begged to ask the question of how strong his and Oliver’s relationship was these days. “Oliver and him… They’ve been fighting; you know this. Oliver hasn’t really been the same since the incident. Believe me, I don’t think Oliver knows about his plans,” Felicity couldn’t imagine that Oliver would know and not tell her. He would act differently, she was sure of it.

“I… I know that I didn’t even get that vibe when I saw him the other night. It’s… its mind blowing,” Felicity confessed – whispering too.

“That’s for damn sure,” Diggle agreed with her completely. “Oliver trusted him… That bastard.”

“I mean, I know their relationship wasn’t the greatest, by a long shot, they’re not family but they are close enough… I just wouldn’t expect this from someone like him…” Felicity looked over at Sebastian like he was the final puzzle piece. He was though, know everything made sense.

Felicity’s fingers combed through her hair, “Aww, it all makes sense! How he got the passwords from Oliver’s bank account, and my signature. He wouldn’t know that I have two! Sebastian isn’t lying, John… If he was… He has dotted every hidden ‘T’ and dotted every ‘I’. I…”

Felicity licked her lips and tears pricked at the corners of her eyes. “How? How am I going to tell Oliver that… basically his family has betrayed him? I… I don’t think I’ll be able to do it John,” Felicity shook her head knowing she wouldn’t be able to face that look in his eyes again.

“Yes,” Diggle said putting both hands on her shoulders, “Yes, you can. You will be able to. Trust me, I know you Felicity, you’ll be fine. You can do this, I know it. He’ll listen to you, and won’t shut you out,” Diggle was trying to give Felicity some support but he didn’t know what she knew.

“No, listen, when I told Oliver the last time something huge was going on in his family, he… He was so angry, John, or…” Felicity tried to find the right word, “Disappointed. I think he felt betrayed.”

Felicity gulped, “Now, Moira and Oliver’s relationship just flew out the window because of me because I told him the truth about Thea, and now I’m going to have to wreck another one of his relationships? I don’t think I can do it! To face him and see him in that kind of pain again…”

Felicity rubbed her hands over her arms, just to do something with her hands. “Ever since I’ve moved here I’ve thought that the truth is the strongest sword, the metal that can’t be bent. The truth should always be told, but all it’s done nothing but destroy Oliver and his life… And now this lie?” Felicity swallowed again feeling like the lie would just burst out of her mouth.

“It won’t be a lie once you tell him,” John nodded understanding where Felicity was coming from, but Oliver needed to know this. And if not Oliver, then the Green Arrow.

“I can’t, John, I can’t… I’m not strong enough, his eyes were just these veils of nothing but hurt and pain!” Felicity suddenly got a thought in that pretty little head of hers, “Why can’t you tell him, why does it always have to be me? He still gets mad at me, you know!”

Diggle shook his head, “It can’t be me, he won’t believe it.”

“Why not?” Felicity asked. “It’s not like you’re known for you’re lying ability.”

“No, you’re right, but this is the second time I’ve pulled the gun on the Green Arrow without giving him a warning.” Diggle said doing nothing but preaching the truth, “As hard as it is, it wasn’t because he saw me that stopped him from releasing that arrow onto Sebastian. We both know it. It was because of you, Felicity. You’re irreplaceable to him, and he knows that. You are so pure and right, he’ll listen to you,” he convinced her.

“Eventually,” she added silently.

“Eventually,” he agreed. “What are we going to do about Sebastian?”

“What do you mean? Take him and turn him into the authorities,” Diggle said like it was obvious.

“Sebastian did the right thing toward the end,” Felicity pointed out, “and even before that, he came to me with the computer to try and stop this. He is the Mayor, he has some good intentions.”

Diggle looked over at Sebastian. He did look sincere and broken down, he looked like he trying to make a better change in the city. Maybe he did the wrong thing for the right reason… Sometimes you need to scrape away the bad to get the good, but not when talking about people.

“Listen, I know that he did some bad things and in order to think that you need to swipe the slate clean on a good percent of the population in Starling, and that means you’re a little crazy coo-coo, so maybe we could get him some help?” Felicity asked him.

“Maybe, but I don’t think he’s crazy,” Diggle said still looking over at Blood.

“Maybe not, either way, I just want to be honest with Oliver and stop his pain, stop all this… I’m know that the city will never be safe, but I’m ready for the big trails to be out of the way. The Count, and the Triad. The Clock King and The Everyone-Else that the Green Arrow has taken down over time. I want people to give back to him, a simple thank you…”

“Go, I’ll wait here with Sebastian until Oliver comes up with the idea of what to do with him,” Felicity raised an eyes brow asking is he was sure. “I’m 100% positive, okay? Go. To. Oliver. Now.”

“Okay,” Felicity’s feet hustled across the floor flying toward her new home.

***

“Oliver?” Felicity yelled when she walked into his room. She spotted him outside the glass doors that led onto the balcony.

He was looking down over on the grass and city lights in the distance. His stance was tense like he was thinking about something serious.

“Oliver?” she squeaked.

“Felicity!” He spun and around and a huge grin spread across his face. He immediately ran to her, and took her in his arms. “What were you thinking? I was worried when you didn’t come home for dinner, and then I saw you standing in between a bow and a bullet? What’s going on, Felicity?”

Felicity pulled out of his hug to look up into his eyes. She didn’t know why, but her hand reached up and her fingers brushed his face.

“What are you doing?” Oliver asked feeling the light touch of her fingers brush down the bridge of his nose, and then under his eyes and over his forehead. She tugged lightly at the end of his ear lobe and ran her thin blue nail down his jaw.

“You know,” she whispered touching his lips, “it’s a little funny… After everything you’ve been through, after everything I’ve told you and still want to tell, you’re always there saving the City. No matter what.”

“I’m not really thinking of saving the city at this moment,” he confessed bititing down lightly on her finger.

A chill went through her from the tingly sensation of the pain, but she liked it, she had to admit.

“Right now I would love to think about something else, but even when I told you about Thea, and saw that look in your eyes… Saw your heart break… I still need to tell you why I stopped you from shooting Sebastian,” she removed her hand from his face and intertwined their fingers together. “Oliver, he’s innocent.”