Chapter 30

Oliver could hardly wait for Felicity to pull in to the Verdant parking lot, in fact, he didn't wait. He pulled out his phone and started to dial her number.

"Oliver," Diggle said right behind him. "Don't. You know, deep down if she called Carly to let us know that she was okay, and safe, she has a good reason. She must think her phone is tapped or something. Don't; she'll be here in a little bit, just relax."

But he couldn't. He could relax, he could barley think straight. His thoughts were jumbled together and everything was just wrong.... "Felicity, where are you?"

She was pulling up to the parking lot, yes, that was where she was. She shut off her car wondering if Oliver was inside.

She unbuckled her seat belt and opened her door starting off where Carly said she would be in the club. 'Here,' she texted Carly.

She walked up the steps and saw them both standing there, watching her. Oliver with the eyes of a lost and worried soul, relived that she was alright. Happy, and sad, and every emotion you could experience in one moment. Rage even to the people who took her.

Diggle had a sorry look for her dashed with a little worry. She smiled at them both and said nodding, "Mr. Queen, you have a lovley club, thank you for letting me use it earlier this morning a friend is joining me tonight, and I just wanted one of those quiet rooms you keep upstairs."

'Mr. Queen?' Oliver picked up on how she was being so formal. "You're welcome Miss Smoak. You'll be at work tomorrow?"

"Yes, I have every plan to be," she flashed him a smile and added, "I will be home around 11 o'clock if you have any other work you need me to do." He smiled and she said playing the part of an oblivious woman, "John! It's so nice to see you again, I hope you got my message eailer?"

He said looking at her brave face, "Loud and clear."

She nodded and then said, "Well then gentlemen, I have an evening to enjoy, after all, since the virus has been proved not to spread through touch, you're club is back in business." She continued past them, even though they wanted her to give them more details.

"Hey!" Carly said excitedly, starting off the evening in a bunch of smiles.

***

Felicity wondered if Oliver picked up on her inviting him over. This was one of the times where she actually wanted him to check in on her.

She heard a small knock comming from her living area. She stuck her head out of her bedroom and went to the front door. She opened it to find no one there. She looked around hearing that small noise again.

But not from the living room. She goes around into the kitchen to see Oliver there, crouched and near the window. She laughed and waved him on in after unlocking the white window.

"Hey," he said touching her shoulder and pulling her in for a hug. She gladly stays in his arms for as long as she can. She closes her eyes, letting Oliver protect her.

Felicity had been tense this whole evening, wondering if they had changed their mind and come back for her.

He pulls back and almost got the chance to ask if she is okay when she said, "I'm fine, Oliver. I play the game well enough to keep myself safe. See? No harm done." She turns and shows him that her skin is untouched. Except for two little marks...

"What is this?" Oliver said almost not catching those covered up red marks on her wrists. His hands yank up her long sleeve shirt sleeve and he sees the scabs and red marks where the handcuffs had bound her hands.

"It's nothing," Felicity said pulling them back down again. "Don't worry, they won't show tomorrow night, I'll have them covered up... If you still want to go with me, if you don't I totally understand."