Chapter 7

Felicity returns to her apartment flopping onto the couch. She takes off her shoes and coat and makes a mental list of everything she needs to do: Shower, change clothes, call Oliver. Simple enough.

There was a knock at her door, firm, steady, which told her that it was Oliver coming to check in on her. She sighed getting up and using the last of her energy again.

"Come in," she said yawning accidentally and opening the door. "Oliver, come in."

"You look tired," he said shutting the door behind him and pulling out the foam cup behind his back, "that's why I brought you-"

"French Vanilla Cappuccino?" Felicity asked astonished, not ever thinking that he would do something like this. She walked up to Oliver and gladly took the warm steamy cup in her cold hands.

"Yes," Oliver said in that raspy voice that she loved. "Is that okay?"

She smiled surprised, "That's great. I needed this to keeping going, anyway," she took a drink and winced. "Note to self: Fresh coffee is hot."

“So,” he said awkwardly, “how was your date?”

Felicity laughed a bit, “Lunch was a bust with Barry; he didn’t know anything, which isn’t bad, just bad for us.”

“Oh… it was about the case?” Oliver asked having his... Not jealousy, he wasn't jealous, but... He abandoned the thought.

“Yeah, of course it was, what else would me meeting a chemist be about?” Felicity joked.

“Nothing…” Oliver smiled, “It’s just that he’s your…”

“Type?” she blushed and her heart beat sped up a little. Being brave, she said, “No, Oliver… my type are selfless men who have a good heart and think of others before themselves.” Felicity turned her back not wanting to see his expression.

“I’ll keep that in mind,” Oliver said backing up towards the door. “I just wanted to see if you were alright and coming in today.”

“Of course,” she blew on the coffee, “why wouldn’t I?”

Well, just maybe because you were still hurt about last night, “No reason in particular.”

“Alright then, I’m gonna clean up before coming over, so…” she looked at the door politely telling him it was time for him to leave.

“See you there,” Oliver got the hint and turned to leave.

“Bye,” she said walking toward the bathroom to take her shower.

Oliver left Felicity’s apartment. Why did you go over in the first place? He had no reason to. It was probably because he wanted to see her, or at least hear her voice, but that involved a phone call, not bringing her coffee.

It was crazy at his house in his room alone. He found himself thinking of the quirky IT girl. He found himself thinking of all the things he could say to her, and everything he could have said instead of plain answers.

He smiled just thinking of her. This morning he noticed that she was wearing the same dress as last night. She had stayed there all night long, alone, wondering what she could do to save the entire population.

Oliver was eager to save the people of Starling City, more so, it was his job, not Felicity’s; she didn’t need to be losing sleep over this. He wondered why she was going so far into virus. Why she was so dedicated. That didn’t matter so much he guessed, but he should have stayed there with her.

Inside his pocket, his phone rang. He flipped it open and said, “Queen.”

“Oliver? It’s Felicity, I need to show you something I found seconds ago,” she said, “You’re going to the Arrow Cave, right?”

“The Arrow Cave?” he repeated.

“It was the first thing that came to mind,” she laughed, “but you’re going there?”

“Yes, I just left your place.”

“Good,” she said taking a second to swallow, “I’ll be there in a matter of minutes.”

“Drive safe,” he warned her not wanting her to get into an accident.

“Thanks,” she said smiling noticing his care. Friendly care, she reminded herself.

She threw on a poke-a-dot dress quickly from her closet and high red heels. She threw her hair her up into a messy bun after ripping threw it with her brush.

She opens her door and runs down her stairs away from her apartment as fast as a woman could in six inch high heels.

“Don’t trip, don’t trip, but hurry, hurry, hurry,” she repeated to herself.

She burst through her apartment door and ran to her car. Oliver told her to drive safe, but the information she knew wasn’t safe at all.