Chapter 52

Oliver gave her a blank stare – one full of confusion and miscommunication. “What?” Oliver asked, “No, are you sure? You said-“

Felicity said quickly, trying to ease his worry about this whole problem, “I know, I know, believe me… But something…” Felicity walked over to the red cushion couch that was lying at the foot of his bed in his room.

Oliver followed Felicity and sat down with her, wondering what had her so spooked about this.

“What?” He wondered aloud. “’Something’ what?”

 She licked her lips and said, “Something just didn’t sit well with me, Oliver… Why in Sebastian Blood’s right mind, would Sebastian give me a computer that could lock him away in jail?” Felicity wasn’t looking for an answer from Oliver but she got one.

“I never thought about it like that, actually,” Oliver said truthfully.

Felicity also pointed out, “And how would he know about this, this… Slade Wilson?” She guessed on the name and hopped she got it right.

“Another good point…”

“When I started to get itchy feelings,” Felicity told him, “I took a closer look into the records on the computer that Sebastian gave me. When I found that these records were legit, and that it would take a good amount of money to have these things funded, I dug a little deeper and got a hold of the information of who was paying for the deeds to be done.

“The money that paid for all the transactions, and… everything else, well…” Felicity bit her lip and explained, “Oliver, the money came from Queen Consolidated.”

“What?” Oliver’s shocked voice is what she expected, he wouldn’t know about any of this. After all, Oliver isn’t the one that controls the money with Queen’s Consolidated. “That’s impossible-“

“No, Oliver, no it’s not. But I know where you are coming from, trust me, seeing as how the money…” The words from Felicity’s mouth kind of jumbled up and they didn’t really want to come out right, but she forced, “It came from your bank account – pacifically.”

Before Oliver could come up with an explanation or tell her how she could think he is guilty, she said, “I know that you didn’t do it, it’s okay! Well, not really, but, look…” Felicity said super-fast, almost so fast it was incoherent, “I got framed, and the cops pulled me over right around dinner time – that’s why I missed it, and by the time I realized that the way Sebastian would have had to go around these things would have been impossible…”

Oliver’s ears picked up on the word and processed them slowly, “How so?”

She swallowed, and looked away tired of going through this with Diggle, and now Oliver. Her jaw was getting tired of all this talking – this had to be the first time too.

“Okay, question?” Felicity laughed humorlessly, “Why, or rather a better question: How? How would a Mayor of Starling City know about a second signature a Queen Consolidated high clearance woman-like-myself would use? He wouldn’t know about a lot private things, and he wouldn’t know the password to your trust fund.” She added, “There’s only one person who would know all this.”

Oliver replied with the only answer that made sense to him when he put all the pieces together – or rather, when Felicity put all the pieces together, “Walter?”

Felicity just looked at him.