Chapter 9

Felicity was sitting there alone with Oliver at her side while she was typing away a list of all the next possible places where victims could be placed. There was an akward silence between them as she blushed every now and then froom just thinking about the two of them being together... she was so pittiful...

"I don't get it..." Felicity said, not taking her eyes away from the keyboard and breaking the silence between them.

"Don't get what?" Oliver said flipping through papers that she couldn't what were about.

"Why do we have so many enimies?" Felicity froze. She didn't mean to say 'we'. There was no 'we' there was a 'him' and an 'I' and a 'Dig' or 'John' but... yeah, there was maybe a 'we'.

Oliver caught on what she said and he liked the way she said it. 'We' as in them together, working together, being together, figuring out things together.

Oliver has never thought of them (Dig, Felicity, and himself) before as a team. A family? A gang? No... they were definetly a team.

Does that mean that she wants there to be a team or think of themselves a team? he thought. Oliver also caught himself with the thought of, Since when have I cared what she thought? This is so complicated...

"Not we..." she correct herself when he said nothing, "Just us, not us, us, just the Arrow team us, or you if you....well, now it's a me, John really hasn't been attacked yet... you don't have to think of us, not that you do think of us... I'm just gonna... Three, two, one..." she shut up without anything more to say - avoiding eye contact with him as much as possible.

"I do..." he admitted numbly, "I do think of us."

Felicity's mouth dropped as she now turned in her chair to look at him. She her cheeks turned red; she smiled when she figured out that he couldn't meet her eyes.

"Umm... right, of course you do, you're the Arrow," she said as the thought occured to her, "We should have secret code names."

Oliver looked at Felicity now his face along the lines of smiling - almost. "Why?"

"Becuase we are saving the world and we need new identies when we walk through that door. It'd also be a lot of fun..." She said with a smile, "You know, fun. As in enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure."

Oliver smiled to himself. "I already have one."

"'The Hood'? That has to be one of the lamest top secret nick names ever."

"Alright," he said turning away from his work now interested in the topic. "Then what's mine?"

She rolled her eyes and said, "Your code name? Oh, that's too easy." She smiled and said, "Green Arrow."

Oliver repeated the word over and over seeing how it felt in his tongue. "I like it," he said.

"Wow! 'IT girl impresses billionaire!' That has to be front page news," she laughed.

Oliver and Felicity stared at each other for a long minuet. Their silence was now not awkward, more like meaningful. Felicity locked eyes with his and she saw how much potential was hidden there beneath the surface.

Her cheeks were flushed when Diggle walked in holding their lunch from up stairs.

"Any new improvements?" John called.

"Nothing that interesting," Felicity said spinning in her chair back to her work.

"That's not true," Arrow said, "Felicity came up with the idea of all of us having nick names."

"What's yours?" Dig said.

"Come on," Felicity said rolling her eyes and picking up one of the arrows lying beside her to get sharpened. "Why is that no one thought of the obvious?"

Oliver filled Dig in, "Green Arrow."

Dig nodded his head in agreement. "It does have a certain ring to it."

"You bet it does," she said having thought of it for weeks. "it beats 'The Hood' by a long shot."

They laugh and get back to work while Oliver had comforting thoughts about Felicity.

"She's incredible," Dig said echoing his thoughts exactly.

"Yes," Oliver said with a look of appreciation I his eyes, "she is."