Chapter 37

Felicity zipped up the white dress she had on and walked out of the dressing room.

Carly was looking at jewelry for Felicity to wear at the memorial tonight, Carly was already done shopping for herself, and in all truth Felicity was hopeless when it came to these things. She had a good sense of direction, what color matched with her best, and what things to wear, but when it came down to hair in make-up, she only knew how to put on lipstick and have her hair up.

"Hey," Felicity said coming out and twirling, "what about this one?"

The white silk draped down her body fitting to her curves, the reflection of the light bouncing off her blonde hair, it almost blended into the dress she was wearing. The straps came up tying around her neck, the slit up the thigh touched her waist and the six inch heels made her seem like a goddess standing on a pedestal above men.

Carly nodded in approval, "I like it..."

"I hear a 'but' comming on at the end of that," Felicity bit her lip in dissapointment. She thought she found the one! She thought, I hate being a woman, we have to meet so many expectations!!!

"I love that dress on you, you wear it well, it shows off your ass-" She added on quickly noticing Felicity's uncomfortable expression of hiding in her hands, "Ets... Show off your assets. But... I don't think it's yours." Carly talked about the dress that it could own Felicity, not the other way around.

"Not mine?" Felicity wanted Carly to clarify.

Carly nodded, "Yeah, do you feel connected to it? Like... There's a special bond between the two of you?"

Felicity looked down and grabbed the fabric, "This is a dress, Carly! A dress."

"But it's not!" Carly smiled a goofy grin. "I like it, I do, a lot and you'll wear it if we can't find the one!" She smiled trying to cheer her on like it was some kind of sport. "But it's not... whamp! I'm waiting to find that dress! The one..." Carly looks around on the manicans, the racks and all the dresses in the glass cases, hand on hip like this was a serious matter.

"The one... The one..." She rambles on quietly to herself. Felicity just stood there, arms crossed, waiting to hear from Carly to find the dress that surpasses her important judgement.

"The one...." She gasps, her eyes locking in on Felicity's gown. "That one! That's your dress!"

Felicity turned around expecting to see some all out glamour gown covered in jewels, that sparkles in the moon light and make men fall to their knees, but was surprised and relieved to find Carly was telling the truth.

"That is my dress..." she agreed, not even trying to deny it. Going back into the dressing room to change so she could hurry up and hop into her second skin, she saw Carly pick up Felicity's phone and dial a number.

Oliver pulled at the bottom of his suit. He fidgets with his cuffs, and brushes off the hairs on his pants. He couldn't help but feel unprepared to meet Felicity, like he would disappoint her in some way. He runs his fingers through his hair once more before the door opens and Diggle walks in.

Oliver stare at his reflection in the mirror, "Diggle?" he asked hesitantly, "Uh..."

"Oliver, I swear to go if you ask me one more time if you look okay, I'm going to put an arrow in you!" Diggle watched Oliver feet in the mirror. "You look fine, don't worry... I'm gonna be doing all the heavy lifting anyway! All you have to do is stand with Felicity and admire her beauty..." Dig chuckled lightly to himself.

Oliver nodded - but just felt incomplete. He always did feel lesser when Felicity wasn't by his side. Oliver turned from the mirror, ready as he ever will be to go and face Felicity.

"'Kay, come on, let's go, Mr. Queen," Diggle huffed and turned to leave ready to get this over and done with.

Oliver walked through through his bedroom door, down the stairs and out the front french double doors to go pick up Felicity. Diggle held open Oliver's door to the car once they were outside.

Oliver's phone rang and saw it was a familiar number once he was inside and his black diver was pulling out of their drive.

"Felicity? Hey, you okay?" Oliver wondered if she changed her mind about going.

"Oliver Queen?" The voice didn't belong to Felicity, it's wasn't a tone that belonged to a threat either, more like a familiar friend. If he recalled, it belonged to Carly, who worked as a waitress in Big Belly's Burger House.

"Carly?" he asked. "Where is Felicity? What's wrong?"

Diggle was looking back at Oliver in the rear view mirror with a queer expression.

"Oh! No! No! That's not it! No, not at all, but I was just wondering if she could meet you there?" Carly was quick to ease Oliver's worry.

"Why?" Oliver was still a little tense. "Is she okay?"

"Yeah, she fine! I mean, she more than fine, she's trying on the dress right now - I - just... Can she meet you there? She's gonna need a little more time." Carly words ran true, Oliver could tell.

"Umm... Yeah, yeah, I guess... But she is alright?" Oliver just wanted to be a hundred percent sure.

"Yes! Don't worry about it! She'll only be like... fifteen minutes late, swear!" Carly smiled and saw Felicity coming out of the dressing room. "Got to go! Bye!"

Oliver was confused, Felicity had all afternoon to get ready, was she still okay? "Okay... Bye, Carly," he ended the conversation quietly.

"Bye, see you soon!"

Diggle said as soon as Oliver hit the end button on his iPhone and out it in his tux pants pocket, "What was that about, Oliver?"

"Change of plans," he shrugged, "looks like Felicity will meet us there."

"She okay?" Oliver loved how protective Diggle was of Felicity. Oliver knew he viewed as Felicity as a little sister, and would do anything to keep her safe.

"Carly says she's fine, nothing suspicious in her voice," Oliver shrugged again, absentmindedly.

"Okay, well then there should be nothing to worry about," Diggle was confident in his answer.

"Yeah, okay... So, review the plan with me?" Oliver asked him just wanting to make sure that Diggle knew what he was doing - down to the last second, and to get his mind off of thinking that Felicity was hurt.

"I'll walk in, make small talk. We know that he'll probably make an appearance right before, or a big speech up on stage. With that in mind, and thermal in hand, we will figure who the man in the skull mask is," Diggle turned the wheel, pulling up to a club that was bigger than Verdant. The big lights shone through the windows, having them sparkle on to the pavement where all the limos are pulled up to. People get out and walk inside as Dig finished up explaining, "I'll pull the fire alarm, before he releases the toxins into the air. We'll grab the man and interrogate him until he gives us the cure."

A thought struck Oliver, "What if it's not released into the air? He could catch it if it was..."

Diggle shrugged, "There are too many possibilities; we need to start checking them off the list."

"What happened to the whole phone idea?" Oliver wondered.

"I brought that up to Amanda, but she says there could be too many people on the list that could be possible suspects," Diggle added, "I feel like I'm in a movie of non-stop CSI."

Oliver laughed quietly to himself as Diggle pulled to a stop. "Where is the phone now?" he asked.

"I think Felicity has it... Even though there was more than a few possibilities, she thought we could transfer the contacts to fit the people here. Every one that is on the contact list that has a motive, should be at the party if they want to release the virus."

"Unless they paid someone off to do it for them," Oliver commented.

"We are trying here," Diggle unlocked the doors and Oliver got out. "I'll call Felicity and have her bring the phone over."

Oliver nodded, and got out. Hopefully, everything will go as planned, it will be simple. But, knowing Oliver Queen and his life as the Hood - Arrow, it will defiantly not go as planned.