Chapter 45

Felicity thought she misunderstood - his question was so unexpected. She stuttered, "What?"

Oliver got up and looked out to find Diggle and Carly bundled up in an embrace. When Diggle spotted Oliver, he let go of his girl and stood. "Is she okay?"

Oliver nodded, "I'm going to stay with her, but if you want to take off, I'm just gonna bring her home with me."

"You are?" Felicity asked him like she didn't have a say in the matter, from the other room

Oliver gave a small laugh and looked back at her still in the hallway. He smiled grimly like he has already won a battle, but his tone was serious when he said, "Yes, you are coming home with me so I can watch over you and make sure you don't trip down the stairs, or faint, or hurt yourself accidentally... We all know you are a bit of a clutz. We'll get you out of here within the hour so you can home with me, before you get too tired and start saying things that will make you blush."

"I don't think spending the night at your house is a good idea," Felicity admitted.

"Why?" Oliver asked.

Felicity didn't want to have to explain herself so she said, "No reason."

"Good, then it's settled."

"It is?" Felicity squeaked. The thought of being in Oliver's home was already terrifying enough, but being in his home now that they are a... couple, and she is thinking frisky thoughts, and doing dirty things, doesn't help the situation one bit.

"Yes, it is." Oliver turned back to Diggle and Carly, "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Bright and early," Diggle gave him a no-teeth showing smile.

Oliver waved it away, "Not too early."

The happy couple nodded and left. Oliver went back into the hospital room, closing the door behind him.

"Here," Felicity scooted over so that Oliver could sit by her on the bed.

Oliver took off his tie and sat right next to Felicity, throwing his arms around her shoulders. She leaned her head on his shoulder, letting out a sigh.

Oliver asked again after a while, "Why do you never ask me about the Island?"

Felicity picked her head up to look at him. Her bright baby blues were staring into his, a feeling stirring inside them both, one Oliver knew as longing, and Felicity knew as honesty.

She pushed a piece hair behind her ear that bundled over. "Oliver... When you first got back, you told people about how the island was cold, and colorless... You told them things they expected to hear, and most of that was true, I presume. There were horrible, horrible days, but there was also good days. Days that just made you feel free with no judgments - nothing holding you back. If you wanted to talk about the Island, all the bad with the little good, then you would. But you don't, so I don't ask. It's your history, which is not any of my business."

Oliver kissed her temple and laid her head back down. "How can you be so good?"

Felicity's forehead wrinkled together. "What do you mean?"

"You don't have any flaws, I swear," he laughed. "Tell me one bad thing about yourself, please."

Felicity smiled, and bit her lip thinking of each and every imperfection she had, "I have flaws, Oliver. I do, trust me, I have them."

Oliver almost begged, "Tell me one. It will make me seem less imperfect when I'm around you..."

Felicity tried to come up with her least problematic imperfection. "I..." she started.