Chapter 40

"The people of Starling City, I welcome you to our humble memories-" Moira closes her speech but Felicity tries to block her out.

"There nothing humble about that Lady," Felicity spat a little too loud for Oliver to hear.

Oliver's tone was a little harsh and unbelievable, "What?"

Oliver looked down at Felicity, wondering why she said such a disrespectful comment about his mother no less, when she was such a caring and free spirit.

Biting back her words, she said, "I'm so sorry, umm, look at this, 'Brother Blood'."

Oliver looked over at Felicity waiting for her to explain.

"They use these types of names in like secrets clubs of pledges." Felicity pointed out, "I only know one man who has the last name of Blood, and he is trying to take control over the city. I'd say that's a big step in killing a population of people."

Oliver asked, "Is Sebastian here?"

"He's supposed to be, I was supposed to give the computer back to him."

"Did you-"

Felicity cut him off, "I cracked the computer and put everything on a drive so we can look at it at any time." Felicity licked her finger and flipped through the pages of the book. "Here," Felicity pointed the third from the bottom.

"Diggle," Oliver called him over, "go check to see if Blood makes a speech."

"What are you going to do?" Diggle asked already starting to walk away.

"Try to find him," they all split off having jobs.

Felicity would stay on the main floor and look around for Blood, if he came to her, she'd take him out to her car after making an excuse going to use the restroom or something.

She grabbed a glass of red wine and took a sip, sitting at the bar and looking around casually on the main floor, avoiding Moira's glance at her every now and then.

She was so keen on looking away from Moira, she didn't realize who she was talking too.

It wasn't Sebastian, but he came over very casually.

"Scotch? Please." Tommy Merlin came up next to Felicity in the bar stool, sitting down next to her.

He looked over at Felicity, she saw him looking her up and down from the corner of her eye, and said, "You're Felicity, right?"

She said not looking at him, and taking her eyes from the crowd. "You're Tommy Merlin, right?"

He ran his tounge over his lips and said with the hint of hesitance and disapproval, "You're Oliver's girlfriend?"

This caught Felicity's attention. She turned to face him, "You're the X-best friend that has become a bully and irritational irritation to Oliver?"

Tommy's mouth dropped, and she got the sense that his words were leading up to talk about a serious matter, like Oliver's secret. Maybe she could lighten Tommy foggy vision in the matter.

"I see he wasn't lying when he said you speak your mind."

She corrected with politeness, "I speak the truth." Except when it came to one little occasion... In which... Moira black mailed me. She told me that to shut me up.

"Sometimes the truth hurts," it was like the fog lifted from her mind. Why didn't she ever see it before?

"The truth hurts people, but you still have to tell it. If there isn't any truth being told, then when the truth does come out, for the while it was kept away, the sting and pain is about ten times worse." She didn't know she was talking about Oliver and Tommy until he nodded and took a drink.