Chapter 61

“I wouldn’t know,” Tommy said, “The Hood-“

“Oliver,” Felicity corrected for the second time. “His name is Oliver Queen, and he is more of a man than you have ever pretended to be.”

Tommy took a step forward, and Felicity feet moved back without her realizing it. She meant to look brave, half of her felt brave, but the other half felt like running away screaming, ‘WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING ARRERVATING HIM LIKE THAT?!?!??!? Do you want to get killed?”

“Where’s the cure, Felicity,” Tommy ordered grabbing her shoulders and shaking her back and forth.

“You know that now we have it, I bet you wish you’d had a side of epic with your fail,” Felicity said with a shaky voice.

“You know, Felicity,” Tommy asked bitterly, “I can’t decide if you annoy people as a hobby, or if it’s just your personality?”

Felicity’s voice quivered, “I can’t decide if the reason you’re infatuated with me since you keep stalking me is because I was Oliver’s girl, or Green Arrows’?”

“Do you think of them as two different people?” Tommy asked, “Because I don’t.”

“You know,” Felicity said almost tasting death linger where Tommy touched her shoulders, “it depends on the day. The days where Oliver feels the most guilt, I blame his identity of Green Arrow… On the days he is kind, and loving; there for his family and without that sorrow and pain, I know it’s the human side of Oliver, the one his warrior side rarely has.”

Tommy rolled his eyes, “Where is the cure to the Tree Day virus?”

Felicity’s mouth ran dry but she smiled and said, “Which one?”

***

There are many different nights where Oliver has a plan and goes out on the town to track down one specific person to get information, but other nights – where the city is mostly at peace, he just goes out and waits for trouble to arise in the Glades. Felicity would tell him where to be since she would be the eyes and ears of the night light City, and now Amanda was starting to fall into that routine instead. Oliver had talking to her about the position earlier in the day, he didn’t like her answer of a yes, she would take up the job, but it was the one that both Diggle and Oliver would need in the near future.

“Okay,” Oliver said looking down over the city from a rooftop, “tell me where, Amanda.”

While Oliver waited for directions from Amanda, Diggle reminded him, “This will probably be the last for tonight, Oliver, you still need sleep.”

Oliver didn’t want to go home, although he knew that Felicity was there, and she was all that he could think about, he didn’t want to think about how she was leaving and she’ll never see him again. He didn’t want to think about the ache in his chest that would appear when Felicity would leave Starling City.

Oliver said justifying why the clock is striking on one thirty and why Oliver hadn’t gone home yet, “The City can’t wait to be saved, Diggle, if you want Amanda and I can finish up.”

“I’m not going anywhere, Oliver, but you know Felicity won’t move out of your house until-“

“32 Broadway and Story drive,” Amanda said cutting them off. “Sorry to interrupt…”

Oliver said, “What’s the problem?”

“I…” Amanda in her control room stuttered, “I don’t exactly know… for sure.”

“How do you not know?” Oliver couldn’t help but think that Felicity would find a way of knowing something as important as this. The reason that Amanda probably didn’t know, is because Amanda didn’t have half of Felicity’s skills.

“Because the camera cuts off a good point of view. I can’t tell if its a mugging or murder, but whatever it is, I suggest you hurry because this woman doesn’t hold a candle to this guy in a mask,” Amanda said looking at the trafficking camera.

“Wait!” Oliver feet skidded to a stop. “Man in a mask? The man in the Skull mask? The one that’s trying to kill off the rest of the city?”

Amanda crossed clasped her hands together, “I thought you already got the cure to some of the hospitals?”

“Felicity took it to Star Labs to get the cure duplicated, they haven’t made enough of it yet, they’ve only had it a half a day,” Diggle explained.

“Well, I think this man wants to know where it is, and the woman…” Amanda analyzes the feed and distorts the tother sounds in the video so that she can understand what they are saying.

Tommy took a step toward Felicity and said in a deep low voice, “Felicity, if you don’t tell me where the cure is, this could get very ugly, very fast…”

“I’m listening to the feed and apparently the woman is Miss Smoak,” Amanda explained listening closely to the conversation.

Oliver grit his teeth together and started running against, jumping across the roof of the close buildings. He swings down one of the fire escapes and turns the corner.

“Oliver, hurry, Miss Smoak is running out of distracting one liners,” the modern words sounded so weird on Amanda’s proper tone.

“I’m one block away,” Oliver said sprinting across the alleys to get to Felicity.

The time slowed as Amanda said, “Oliver, you have to hurry. Now.”

The seconds passed with the beat of his heart. He could hear his heart beat in his ears, making a loud sound. Boom… Boom… Boom…

He didn’t get to see the street corner from where he was, but he made the sharp turn as he loaded an arrow into his bow clipping it onto the string pulling in back.

He saw Felicity fall to the ground, her hands out in front of her trying to break her fall. The motions they made were sluggish, like he was watching a movie in slow motion. He saw Tommy step forward her, and he saw his foot slide across the puddle of rain water that was on the concrete. The water came up splashing Felicity’s dress at the same time Oliver exhaled – releasing his arrow onto Tommy’s shoulder.

The speed that Oliver was moving at was inhuman, as he released an arrow onto the clothes store in front of them, as he ran past Felicity, as he grabbed Tommy and swept him up onto the roof.

As Felicity lies there on the cement, she squeezed her eyes shut, waiting for Tommy’s threats to come through. She waited. And waited, but no sting came through.

She opened one eye ball just to make sure Tommy was still there. But she was standing alone in the cold dark alley.

What the –