Chapter 11

"You should go home," Oliver said, "I'm going to try to find out where the cure is."

"I'll help," Felicity said thinking of nothing better to do.

"You should go home. You spent all night here last night," Oliver said with that heart stopping smile.

"Yeah, I did, but you could crash the computer without meaning to, and then what are we going to do?" Felicity flashed him a smile and then it fell. "Wait, how did you know I was here all night?"

He laughed and said, "You were still in the same dress you were in when I came and gave you a cappuccino."

"Oh..." Felicity said not thinking that he paid attention to girl's dresses and clothing. "Well, then you know I'm dedicated in finding this skull guy."

"Oh, no, you're not staying here again tonight," Oliver said like he had a say in the matter.

"I can't go home," she said thinking about Brian and how he used to walk those halls the same ones that she did. Tomorrow, she might be able to face it, but today? No...

"Why not?"

"Speaking of Brian," Dig walked toward Felicity holding a bouquet of red roses, "you need to go see him."

She took a big sniff of the scent that appealed to her so much. "Thank you," she said lying them on the desk.

Oliver stepped toward them both and said, "What's the matter with you? You have been acting a little strange. I've never seen you act like this before. This dedicated."

"I always this dedicated, you just haven't noticed," she smiled. "No, not really... A year ago today, Brian, my brother, he..." Felicity swallowed, "He died. In a drug shooting. He was undercover, and the cop missed when he pulled the trigger."

Oliver stood there having the gentlest eyes she has ever seen him have. "I see," he said, "then let's get to work." He turned to Dig, and shook his hand goodnight. "I'll see you in the morning."

"No, Oliver, go home, you don't have to stay with me," Felicity said simply. She didn't want to force him to stay.

"I'm not leaving you alone," he said stepping toward her and taking her hand, "Not tonight."

"I can't ask you to do this," she said with a smile, but the thought of Oliver by her side, made her feel just a tad bit better.

"You're not asking, I'm telling." She nodded and blushed. He loved the way she reacted when he talked to her.

2 hours later, Oliver was sitting beside Felicity.

3 hours later, Felicity was yawning and she let Oliver do the scrolling on the computer screen while she was resting her head against the chair.

4 hours later, Felicity's head slipped onto Oliver's shoulder and in the sleepless wonder that she was in, she squirmed into the hollow part of his neck. Oliver sat there, tense, not knowing whether he should move her or leave her be. He sat there, looking at her for a little while.

She has never looked more adorable... Her hair tie was pulled from her blonde streaks of gold, and Oliver gently pulled her glasses off her sleeping face. His heart ached to kiss her. It was like she was purposely breaking his heart. She was more gorgeous than Sleeping Beauty.

Felicity sighed in her sleep and it had to be the cutest thing he ever heard. He smiled to himself.

In the sleeping moans coming from her beauty, a small hair fell out of place. With shaking hands, he pushed it back.

Little did he know that Felicity was having a nightmare about him. Felicity was the one he loved and gave his heart too, and he sacrificed the city to save her. He sacrificed himself to save her.

"Oliver," she cried out in her sleep. "Don't ever leave me."

And he whispered back to her, "Never," and slowly he admitted that he did care. For her. And there is a very good chance, that the man in the skull mask was talking about, could be Felicity. And to Oliver, there was nothing more terrifying.

5 hours later, Oliver was asleep with her, having placed a kiss on her cheek, very close to her lips, but not yet there. He respected her too much to have taken that away from them both.