CHAPTER 9

I stirred in the bed with my eyes closed stretching my hand a little bit towards Jason side. When I tapped his side I expected to feel Jason's hard rock muscles but to my hands' dismay they were met with nothing hard but soft cushion making me frown in confusion.

I got up quickly a yawn escaping my lips. My eyes scanned the room once to see if Jason was anywhere in the room but nope he was no where to be seen. Even the bathroom was closed and no lights were coming from it. With a confused look I face to my right where the digital watch on the bedside table read it was 3:30 am.
'Huh? Where would that man be at this time?' With that thought I quickly got off the bed and went out in search of him. First I went straight to the kitchen in hopes that he'd be there to binge on some late night snacks or something because that guy is always hungry. It always surprises me how all the man in the house can eat like caveman but still look like Greek gods.

I slowly opened the kitchen door expecting a wild animal name Jason feeding his mouth but unfortunately he wasn't there. Then I walked from there to the basement door and I saw the door was creaked open and little light coming from it.

I danced a little in happiness knowing my search has finally come to an end and I can finally go back to sleeping peacefully. I slowly took a step down the stairs wanting to surprise him or anyone who's down there. But before I could surprise anyone of them; the gang or more specifically their leader gave me the shock of lifetime.

I saw a poor bloody man was chained to the wall while Jason beat him up mercilessly. My hands automatically went to my mouth as tears start to well up in my eyes. I have never been a fan of violence. I'm the type of person who couldn't even stand people having heated discussion without being scared so violence was not something I can stand. I always hated it and to see the man I admire the most using violence had my heart clenched in pain.

"This is what happens when you mess with me and my gang. I gave you time Roderick but Alas! You couldn't pay my money on time." After he said those words my eyes started roaming around the room. There I saw blonde and curly head inspecting some knifes while the two brothers stand behind their boss looking at the work he was doing.

I stood in my place watching the scene in front of me. I felt cheeks getting wet because of my tears. Jason stopped hitting the men and crouched down in front of him. He harshly pulled the man's hair to look at his face.

"Please... please. Let me go. I promise I'll return your money soon." Jason let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Soon? And when is this soon Roderick? Didn't you say that three years ago too? Soon that you'll pay my money soon and after three years I still didn't receive a single penny from you." Jason harshly spat in his face.

"Please Jason. I have a family, my wife is having her delivery next week. Please let me."

"Is that so?" The man nodded his head vigorously. "Well than it's more fun. Let the world know how heartless Jason Miller is." I can perfectly imagine the notorious smirk on his face while saying those words making me cringe in fear.

The look of terror that crossed the poor man's face was so pitiful that I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. With that feeling tears were running down my face and soon a loud sob escaped my lips.

Everyone halted in their position while I quickly clamped my hand on mg mouth to stop the sound. From my position I saw Jason slowly getting up and facing side ways. He let out a tired sigh and turned towards me.

"Princess, what are you doing?" I couldn't answer I couldn't even process what he was saying due to the traumatic scene in front of me. I just kept staring at the blood covered man imagining him as someone else, someone really close to me. Someone who's raised and love me, that someone who's my father. 

"Princess." He sternly called me making me snap out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Huh?" I looked at the monstrous man in daze.

"What are you doing here?"

"I-- I woke u...up and didn't find you i..n the room so I came here to search you." I started crying carelessly in front of him the fear too much to take inside of me. I heard a sigh from his mouth before he took me in his arms.

"Logan. Take care of him." I cried even harder hearing those words. He's going to die. That poor man who's yet to see the face of his child he's going to die. I cried all the way up to our room as Jason carried me in his arms.

He set me on the bed as I continued sobbing uncontrollably. He stood in front of me pulling his hair in frustration before he went inside the. A few minutes later he came back freshly cleaned and dressed. He came and sat beside my crying self and rubbing my back in a comforting manner.

"Please don't cry princess. I don't like seeing you like this." I stayed silent for a moment until I asked the question that had been bugging me.

"Are you going to do the same with my dad?"

"Huh?"

"You killed that man because he took your money right." He nodded his head in reply. "So are you going to do the same when my dad won't be able to pay back on his time." I thought I saw a bit of hesitation in his eyes and the way he bit his lower lip nervously it only made sense.

"You're... going... to kill him." I cried on his chest. I cried in the arms of the man who may be the future murderer of my father. I wanted to push him away but I couldn't because he was the only rock I had in this whole house probably in the whole world if we don't count my dad.

------------------------------------------------------

How do you guys like this chapter was it OK, nice or bleh? please leave a Comment about it.

By the way you guys can follow me on

Twitter: bibersbabyma

Instagram: geekytania 'or'
                      ayemissbizzle

Well that's it thank you for reading my book and have a great day/night.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share. :) :)