CHAPTER 36

I screamed at the top of my lungs while everyone gave me 'you crazy, girl' look. Want to know why they were giving me that look? Why? Because, the big wolf that was advancing towards Jason was playing with him like long time friends. Is that a dog or a wolf?  

Hold on! Did I just use the 'D' word that I swore never to use? Johnathan!!!!! It's all because of that guy; first I behave so brutally which I never do especially in front of a crowd of people and now I used that three letter 'D' word. It's either doggie or puppy you can't do the same mistake again. These boys are affecting me pretty badly, you are becoming a bad girl Abigail. Your nana will kill you if she finds out.

"Is that... is that a wolf?" Once I recovered from my thoughts, I asked Jason even if I knew what it was.

"Princess I'd like to introduced you to the most important member of my family." Jason patted the wolf's head who had a very wolfish grin. I smile at the gesture and crouched down beside him. "Princess meet Lucan, Lucan meet princess Abigail."

"Hi there Lucan." I cooed at him not knowing if I should pat his head or not. So I just waved at him.

"Don't you wanna give Lucan some love princess." I look at him biting my lip, I sensed his eyes on it for long period of time until he felt Lucan lick his hand.

I move my hand forward to pat his head but before I could reach anywhere near him; my hand turn into fist, scared of what he might do. I love animals I really do but I don't know if he is into human touch. Even though Jason; a human is holding and playing with Lucan I don't wanna risk my hand because of it. He might be playful with him because he's known him for long time but me, I was just a stranger.

Before I could even take my hand back I felt a strong hand clasped on my wrist. It was Jason, the person who was holding my hand from retreating with a warm smile. Jason took my hand in his and placed it on Lucan's head. The moment my hand was rested on the wolf, anxiety disappeared from my body instantly.

"See! You were just worried for no reason." Jason commented as Lucan and I started getting familiar with each other.

"He is so gorgeous, so magnificent. I love him." I scratched his ears which he seem to love.

"I know right. He is so beautiful." He gazed at Lucan with adoration as he combed the wolf's fur.

"By the way I heard my boy became a dad." Lucan looked at Jason wagging his tail. "Don't you want to show me your pups, boy?" Lucan howled before sprinting off to somewhere.

"C'mon Let's go, we gotta follow him." Jason offered his hand which I gladly took.

We were walking at the destination leisurely, getting nods from all the men and women we met on our way.

"So what's the story?"

"Story?"

"Yeah, about you and Lucan."

"Lucan, he is special." Jason gave me a smile and ruffled. 

"Special? How special? Special than me?" He turned to look at me with an arrogant smirk before I hastily make him clear.

"I mean you always say how special I am to you and all that thing. So I was just asking, nothing like what you are thinking." He cleared his throat before starting.

"Well, I first met him while strolling around the woods." He pointed at forest that covered the Miller mansion. "Whenever I wanted some alone time or had something in my mind I used to go for a walk into the woods, it gave me calmness. One day I was roaming around the forest as usual no intention of where I was going, that's when I found him. He was probably a few months old baby without his family; all abandoned and wounded. He was laying down under the tree, heavily breathing, feeling pity coursed through me I thought about helping him. Do you wanna know what he did to me when I move forward to help me?" I nodded my head paying my full attention to him.