CHAPTER 60

Everbody was surprised the next morning, the moment I walked in the dining hall would be an understatement. Courtney and Linda stood up from their place and dashed towards me. They hugged and asked about me. All I could do was nod and say ‘I am fine’.

Just as we sat down, Jason entered the dining room with his fianceé. He looked like a mess, his eyes were red and had bags underneath it. I quickly diverted my eyes when he looked my way. I didn't have the power to look at him and not cry. After he settled down on his chair, he asked Rosa to stay behind.

“Everyone's present here right. Well of course excluding those in the duty.” He let out an awkward chuckle and proceed. “I know it's a late notice but I wanna announce that tonight we will be having a party.” Everyone was confused and starting murmuring among each other.

“Everyone knows Abigail, right? Of course you should she is one of the most important member in our family. Turns out it's her birthday tomorrow and I am thinking of throwing a party on this great occasion.” Everyone looked excited and happy at the information except for me, Jason and the boys who were looking at Jason curiously, like they were trying to solve a mystery.

“Rosa, I hope you don't mind preparing for the party at this short notice.”

“Oh! No, no sir. It would actually be an honour to prepare a birthday party for our princess.” Rosa beamed brightly while looking at me. Linda and Courtney also volunteered to help.

“Okay, if you say so, make the party more special because we won't just be celebrating the last day of pri-- Abigail’s fourteenth year but also her last day in the Miller mansion.” Silence! The room was filled with pin drop silence when he finished, looking at me with every bit of pain he was feeling.

“What are you saying?” Jonathan finally broke the silence and our staring contest.

“What I am saying is, our princess is finally going back to her rightful kingdom and live happily ever after. Without any worry about some stupid evil gang leader.” He sent me a bitter smile while all I could do was take deep breaths to control my tears.

“What the f(k are you saying? Be more clear.” Marcus banged his hands on the table.

“What I am saying is, Abigail is going back home tomorrow forever. And we Miller gang would never ever trouble her from tomorrow.” I snapped my head towards him and frowned.

“What do you mean? We are just gonna cut ties with her.”

“Ties? There was nothing to tie us, James. We were always nothing but kidnapper and hostage. And I am pretty sure Abigail would be more than happy to be set free from all the gang stuffs.” I cringed at the way he said my name and the two words that bonded us at the start.

“Okay, that's it. Just prepare special for tonight. Though I might not have given her great days here, I want her to at least leave with something great to remember.” Pain. That's the first thing I saw when I looked into his eyes. For someone who is nothing just than a kidnapper, Jason has taught me lot of things; happiness, care, love and pain. I would never forget the moments he gave me. They will be always precious to me.

Linda, Gemma and Courtney were helping me get ready for the party. They were very gentle and taking their time to prepare me. When everything was finally done, I changed my clothes. It was a very beautiful dress. A princess dress. Nothing to extravagant but still made me feel like a princess.

I forgot the last time, I actually wore a dress. Since, Jason had taken me; I have always wore his shirts or sweats. So, I was a bit uneasy to see myself claded in a dress.

I walked out the closet to meet the girls’ smile; a tight forced smile. They looked happy yet sad.

“You look amazing.”