CHAPTER 47

DAY 1,

It has been 1 day Jason left. Honestly speaking my life feels so slow and boring. As if it wasn't already one. Last night I couldn't sleep properly, it felt so cold and scary; me all alone in one big room without any stuff toys to hug. At home there was always one maid who would wait for me until I felt asleep but here; there's no one to ask. Jason said if I wanted something I could ask anything without hesitation to anyone but I don't want to give an impression of a brat or something like that.

And I can't go around asking people to keep me company while I fell asleep like a little baby. I need to act like a grown up lady no matter how afraid I am of darkness. I have always been afraid of closed dark rooms or more like I am afraid of night itself. The same room that I don't feel afraid entering at day time I will feel twice the amount of fear entering that room at night unless I have a guardian. No matter how much lights are on I can't stay alone in one room at night time. My paranoia kicks the most at the hour of dark. So me being the person I was I had my eyes open wide till the sun was up. When I finally felt no dark would come and haunt then only I let my eyes closed.

I know I am such a baby I am scared of dark even at this age. Besides I can't seem to do anything about my fear. As I grow older and older instead of coming off the fear, it has just evolved more. The time I opened my eyes it was already the middle of the day. I groaned loudly and with much force I dragged myself to the bathroom. Thirty minutes whatever seconds later, I was out of the bath shivering in cold with just a towel on. After dressing myself up, I strolled downstairs to the kitchen. 

The house sure feels lonely and silent at day time. Everyone was probably either busy with training, guarding or running errands. I lazily walked; yawning and stretching myself to the kitchen. Before I could enter the kitchen, I halted myself when I heard some gossiping going around. 

"Looks like the princess is still in her bed, sleeping." A girl said with a distasteful voice.

"She sure has a life. She doesn't need to do chores, training. She just have to stick with boss getting pampered and all." Another one chimed in.

"Guys is it OK, for us to talk like this about her? Like she is gonna be our future lady boss." The third lady whispered in worried tone. In total the way they were talking there were only three girls. And because I don't know who they were; we will just label them as A, B and C.

"Future lady boss!!" A scoffed at her friends. "Future lady boss my a$$. If a girl like her becomes the future boss this gang would not have any future. That girl is weak as F*(k in every aspect; mentally, physically and socially. Our boss needs a partner who is strong, charismatic and has the idea of the underworld. Not someone who thinks she's some fairy tale princess." Hold wait! Who are they talking about this bitterly? Jason has a girlfriend, already; and he didn't even tell me. Or is it that they know about the little girl Jason been stalking? Are they bad mouthing that girl?

"I know right. She so doesn't suit for our boss. She's just a spoiled b!+(# who had always been under her daddy's care. I hope boss will open his eyes once he attends the meeting."

"Yeah, you are right. I heard last year some of the most powerful mafia families proposed marriage for their daughters to him. And to add they weren't some high class ignorant princess, they were all very talented and beautiful ladies with strong personalities. Just the type of female our boss needs by his side." The girl A and B reasoned with themselves while I stay at my grounds letting everything sink in.

Jason was offered marriage proposal before and not by some random people but by families who are very renowned in the mafia world. Of course why won't he? He is one of the most powerful and wanted gang leader just at the age of twenty. The whole world isn't just afraid of the man for no reason. He has been making the government from east to west pull their hair at such young age. And the fact he barely leaves any traces after his master work just proves how much of professional he is. Even after being entered in the Mafia world for so long nobody has exactly seen Jason's face which makes it all the more reasonable for those Mafia bosses to consider Jason for their daughter's partner.