CHAPTER 49

"Hola mi amigo!!!" As soon as we enter an apartment Linda hollered up causing us three; Courtney, Gemma and me to cringe. Gemma even slapped her back for her behavior. When Linda first asked me to get ready to meet her friend I thought it was only we two but guess the surprised look I had when I saw those two. Not that I am complaining or anything, I was just surprised to see them out of the house.

Those two were the ones who barely went out of the house. Gemma was always busy in her lab while Courtney was seen doing house chores or sticking with Gavin. That man never let her alone, once he was in the house. Now that I think about the one who resembles Lucan the most in the gang is Gavin rather than Jason.

With our dramatic entrance a familiar looking girl came to the front door groaning in pain. Her eyes a bit puffy and hair messy. Her sweatpants were hanging low on her hips and the way she was dragging her legs, looked like even walking was the most difficult thing to do on earth for her.

"Why do you always do things that make me regret my life decision, Linda?" She looked at all four of us in a state of surprise or more like just me. The way the three of them talked about her, didn't give a feeling that they were any strangers. "Oh! I am sorry. I didn't know Linda was gonna bring some company." She timidly made her way to Linda and slapped her back.

"Hey!!! That hurts you b!+(h." One stern glare from the lady and she zipped her lips. Up close I felt some kind of familiarity started hitting me up however I couldn't point out where have I seen her.

"Abigail let me introduce you to my dear friend." Linda hugged the lady sideways with one of the most proudest smile ever seen in mankind. The delight in her eyes told me how much pride she had just to be standing next to her.

"Meet my best friend, soul mate, sister, supporter and the love of my life; Carol. The girl who makes the most easiest thing like breathing in this world look difficult and the difficult things like flexing and pole dancing look easier." Linda leaned into her with puckered lips but Carol put her hands on Linda's forehead with a disgusted look, preventing her to get anywhere near her.

"Ewww... get off me you bozo. I don't want your germs on me." Carol with much hardship pushed Linda away who was pouting like a kid.

"If your lesbian drama has finished, can you tell us now, why exactly are we here?" Gemma gave a pointed look at the two of them with her arms crossed on her chest.

"Why? Can't I call my girls to just meet up now?"

"If that's the reason, I'm going. Unlike you people I am a very busy person."

"Busy? Busy with what? Stalking James?" Linda and Carol hi five each other and laughed like there was some inside joke here.

"Ha ha very funny. I really have so many pending works to do. If it was just a useless girls get together I am going back to work."

"My boyfriend and I broke up." Carol yelled out just as Gemma was ready to turn the doorknob. Gemma turned to Carol in disbelief with mouth gaped open.

"You and Marcus have been dating all this time and you didn't bother telling us." Marcus.. and that name was everything I needed to just put every missing pieces together. She was the girl I saw dancing when I tagged along with the boys to that hideous place. She looks way different than the last time I saw her. How different? I'll leave it to your imagination.

"Who said anything about dating Marcus?"

"Than who?" Courtney finally spoke up with curiosity. That girl rarely talks that sometimes I forget about her existence. I'm sorry Courtney.

"Some guy I met in the bar couple of weeks ago."

"And Marcus let you date him."

"Of course, why won't he? He's too much of a saint to forbid me from doing anything that makes me happy. I'll be dropping the marriage bomb to him and he'll just give me that fatherly nod and blessing. He just doesn't care about me. I'm frustrated how he never reacts the way I want him to. And do you know what he said to me when I called him to give the daily report he always ask about; 'you shouldn't be wasting time on some other man, Carol. You're boyfriend might get the wrong idea.'" I bit my lower lip hard to stop myself from laughing. That Marcus imitation was so spot on everyone was trying to hide their laugh putting on a serious face.