CHAPTER 24

THIS CHAPTER'S DEDICATED TO j-e-n-n-z-z-i-e-e THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOTES. 

Dark; the room was dark, a small dim light coming from the light outside the room. I scan around the room until my eyes landed on Lorenzo's lifeless body staring at me. I gasp loudly in shock losing my balance, sobbing and panting I quiver backwards when I felt my back touch someone's leg behind me. Slowly with nervousness creeping my body I turned around to see Lorenzo's other man that died last night; blood coming out from the hole in his forehead and a hammer in his hand. I saw him swinging the hammer and throwing him towards me. 

I jolted up gasping hard from the nightmare. The dream was about yesterday's event. It all felt real, it was so scary that I had tears running down my face. I went last night with Jason to solve my problem; I thought maybe if I get familiar with this illegal stuff I would get rid of my nightmares and fear but guess I was wrong. I looked to my side to see Jason gone; I knew where he was. He was probably in the gym taking his anger out on the poor punching bag. Even last night as soon as we arrived home, he went to hit gym to take off his anger that was still not out. I still can feel his tight grip on my wrist all the way from the club back to home. As much as I know from my stay here Jason is the type of man to let out his fury by hitting the gym than thrashing the house like most people. 

If I hadn't asked him last night to sleep with me he would have definitely spend the whole night at the gym. I walked out from the room yawning still sleepy and headed to the kitchen. I saw all the boys except Jason preparing breakfast, I greeted all of them good morning which they returned in unison. I opened the fridge and saw a bowl of mangoes; my eyes instantly turned into heart eyes. I took out the bowl licking my lips and took a bite of the juicy yellow fruit. I was moaning in delight. 

"Did you just eat a refrigerated mango early in the morning?"

"Yes. Why?"

"Eating cold food can give you indigestion." I look at Jonathan with knitted frowns.

"That's not true.'

"Yes it's true. Ask Logan if you don't believe." He pointed at Logan like a little child while the latter rolled his eyes.

"Yes, it's true that you get indigestion when you eat cold food but mangoes are fruits. I don't think it matters." I stuck my tongue out at Jonathan. "But I really prefer if you don't directly eat those early in the morning. Keep it out of fridge for few minutes than eat it. You might still get stomach ache eating those cold icy fruits." I nodded my head taking another bite. I gave Logan a cheeky smile when he shook his head in disbelief. I went and sat down beside Marcus who was eating his egg salad.

I was eating my mangoes, Marcus was eating his egg salad, James was playing with his phone, Logan and Jonathan were making pancakes. We were in our own world when I thought about opening my mouth because of something that has been bugging me since last night.

"Logan? Why does a girl call a guy her own age daddy?" Everyone in the kitchen dropped dead silence in their place and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Why would you want to know Abigail?"

"Well when we are in that room this girl came to Jason and called him daddy when they were both of same age and he said he wasn't even married to her mother."

"Girl? Which girl?"

"Kayla." Marcus replied in place of me.

"You saw her."

"Yes, she came just after you and Jonathan went out to grab some drinks." James replied.

"Didn't you see her last night? She was there all the time with us until she ran away screaming when Jason lunged at Lorenzo."