CHAPTER 64

The ride was longer than I had expected. I opened my eyes feeling sore all over my body. I looked at the clock to see it's been more than five hours since we started the journey. I cleared my throat and moved a little to get comfortable. My eyes landed on Jason when I realized I was covered up with his jacket.

"You awake." He smiled before searching for something in the backseat. Worried, he might hit something as he wasn't paying attention in front of him; I tried to help him but he had already beat me to it. He handed me a bottle of water and a bag of chips and Oreo. 

"You might be hungry. You have been sleeping since I started driving and haven't had anything. You need to eat something." He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and stared at me with a longing and sadness. Why was he sad? I wanted to ask but I remembered we were in a car and he was driving; and quickly pointed ahead. He chuckled with a quick apology and started focusing on the road.

I don't know why but I had a sudden urge to hold his arm. He also looked like he needed some warmth. I moved my hand to touch the one on the gear stick. I was a little hesitant but then he turned his hand and squeezed mine. A breath of relief escaped from my lips and looked at him smiling. However, it was gone in an instant when I noticed the stress on his face.

"Is everything alright?" He gave me a small smile, humming in response; nonetheless I knew he wasn't. There was something eating him out and I wanted to know but I didn't want to annoy him being nosy. So, I left it and ate something as I started feeling hungry, not forgetting to feed Jason. 

A little hour later, we came to a stop. I faced Jason who had closed his eyes and gripped the steering wheel tightly. I put my hand on his shoulder, surprising him. I raised my eyebrows in confusion to which he shook his head with a smile. He got out off the car and opened the door of my side. I got of the car, holding his hand; since I had been sitting for a long time my legs have become wobbly.

"Are you okay? Can you walk?" I nodded my head, encircling my arms with his. I leaned on him to get support, my legs weren't really fine but I guess if I walk a little longer, it will be alright. We walked in silence, the path we were walking had nothing but street lights. I haven't seen a single house or a person since we started walking. I didn't have much worry since I had Jason by my side but I still asked about the place. He just shrugged and fixed his jacket, I was wearing. 

I fixed my feet on the spot when he started walking ahead. He looked me, questioningly. 

"I am not moving until you tell me."

"You will know it in a minute. I swear. Let's keep moving, please." Those puppy eyes, I hate them. We walked a little further and saw some houses. It looked like a pleasant place to reside. It was night so I didn't notice the place much. However, when we came a little deeper into the area, I became fully aware about the place. I stop in my tracks, eyes wide in shock and hurt. If we have come here, it means.

"Why are we here?" I moved away from him, tears threatening to spill from my eyes. "You said you will take me back home."

"I did. You are home." He pointed behind me with his eyes.

"This is not our house."

"What do you mean isn't this is your house?" He asked nonchalantly, still looking at the house.

"You said we will go back to our home." I shook him, choking on my words.

"I said we are going back home and here this is your house." He pointed at the house behind me, not even bothering to look at me. I shook his jacket trying to make him look at me. Please look at me, you are just hurting me, avoiding my eyes.