CHAPTER 30

OK GUYS I KNOW I USUALLY UPDATE AT WEEKENDS BUT I COULDN'T CONTAIN MYSELF. THE WEEKENDS LOOKED TO LONG AWAY OR  WAS IT JUST ME. WELL WHATEVER IT WAS I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER. THANK YOUR FOR YOUR VOTES, READS AND COMMENTS. 

I have been sitting here looking at all the ladies preparing breakfast for the family with my hands resting on my palm. Somewhere in between Olivia and Emma had to go to the garden to feed the birds and water the plants, so now the kitchen was ruled by Rosa, Linda, Courtney and Stacey.

I learned from Rosa that every single human in this house has to learn every work whether it's just a simple household chores or battlefield techniques. Jason had commanded it because he thinks every work is equally important and everyone should help every other person in the household.

I also found out that all the members have duty routine but most of the time they were done by Rosa, Olivia, Emma and Courtney or any other member who takes interest in simple chores than sparing contest. People who hate violence mostly consists of male and female who were brought to the house by their lovers but, even if they have no interest in fight and all, they are given training to learn how to defense.

I watch in awe as Linda start chopping veggies in a really professional way. If people saw her for the first time in the kitchen rather than a battleground, they'd probably think she is a professional chef. The way she rolled up her sleeves, wash the vegetables, chop them and stir the pan; she really looks like a high class chef.

"You really look skilled with those knifes and all." I pointed out and that's when I saw her smile for the first time.

"I have always wanted to be a chef as a kid."

"So? Why did you not become one?" I knew I did wrong asking that when I saw her bright face changed into a sour one.

"What should I say? Probably because I tried to ran away from my fears and ugliness."

"Ugly? What you mean ugly? You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen." She gave me a side smile before turning her focus on the stove.

"That's because I am wearing makeup and contacts. I have heterochromia, it is a case where you have two different colors of iris. Kids in my class used to call me monster for having different eye colors and to add it I had vitiligo. The criticisms and hate was too much to handle, my parents told me not to let it get to me but whenever I went out those looks of pity, disgust always haunted me. I didn't want that life nor I wanted my family to suffer. Once I witnessed my little siblings being picked on for having a monstrous sister and that was the last straw. I felt like a baggage to my family so I ran away, I promised to never turn back and burden my family anymore."

"I was ready to go away, far from this world, that's when I met Jason. He saved me from killing myself. He pulled me away from that cliff, listened to my problems and consoled me. Nobody would have thought that he was some ferocious gang leader by the way he was handling me with so much care. He might be the devil to the world but for me and many others in this house, he is an angel who gave us a reason to live." I looked at Linda blinking my eyes rapidly and then every girl in the room. They look to be deep in their thoughts. "People can think whatever they want about our boss but we know the truth, the truth that he is not the demon what people think of. He is one of the greatest, loving and caring human, boss, brother and father." She looked at me after turning off the stove, I started getting nervous as she walked towards me.

"Abigail, you might think we are being delusional and all but let me tell you, no one had seen boss in his worse like we did. He is a human, he has his limits. He might show how proud he is of his title but there are times when he hates it. Growing up as a kid without his parents by his side to turn into a great mafia leader is really not a small thing. No one knows how much he suffered except for he, himself. So please no matter what happens in the future remember to cherish him and not hurt him." I furrowed my brows and looked at her in confusion.

"I know he is like a brother to me and I really appreciate whatever he had done for me but after all of this is over and I had to go back. I doubt we'd be able to contact each other. Even though I will try to care him like no other till the time." I brought my hands in front of me and put it in a fist in an encouraging manner.

"Brother?" She looked at me amused.

"Yeah he is like a brother to me like the rest of the boys." She and the other ladies let out chuckle while I just laugh awkwardly not understanding the situation.

"Oh! Abigail honey. Why are you so innocent and oblivious?"

"I am sorry."

"You never had a guy in your life, did you?" 

"Uh, yeah. They thought I was too ugly and nerdy for them." I gave out a awkward laugh.

"Abigail you are anything but ugly. If I was a guy or you were into girls, I'd totally court you right now."

"Thank you that's probably the first anyone has complimented expect for my dad." I looked up to her and she smiled at me. I rubbed my hands at side not knowing if I should open my mouth or not.

"You know you are pretty beautiful yourself. With make up or without makeup I'm sure you look like a goddess. Everyone is born unique, what's wrong if you have a skin disorder? It's not like others aren't born with flaws. I have my own flaws, you have yours; it's just our decision if we want to accept who we are and channel it as our beauty or let others words get to us and see it as a ugly stain." I tilt my head and gaze at starstruck Linda.

"You are a young independent woman who does the things that most men don't even do to survive. You don't need those harsh words controlling your life. This is your life, your body don't let those brutal humans rule you. You are just giving them satisfaction by accepting their words. You, I and every single human has right to live and look how we want. You are no different than those criticizing people, you are a human, they are human. They have a heart, you have a heart. No one deserves to be treated unequally. If they can live the life they want, why can't we live how we want? You are beautiful the way you are, putting your family and loved ones first just shows how beautiful of a human you are. Though you did take some actions irresponsibly which I would no way in any form want you taking that step in the future again, you did that thinking about your family. You are beautiful Linda, it's just you who needs to open her eyes and see it."

I squeezed her hands tightly giving her a small smile while she looked conflict between crying and smiling.