CHAPTER 55

I went to bed, angry at Jason but when I woke up, seeing him sleeping soundly beside me put all my anger away. I forgot how much I missed him. His face looked relaxed as his hair lightly covered his forehead. Even with scars he had a beautiful face. So beautiful I could gaze all day.

I frowned when I realised what I just said. What is wrong with me? I quickly removed the duvet from my body and walked towards the bathroom. In front of the sink I took deep breaths before washing my face.

When I got out of the room, Jason was awake and stretching his shirtless body. He really had a sculpted body. If it was possible the scars and wounds on his body made him look more sexy and dangerous.

"Good morning." I blinked a couple of times before nodding my head at that raspy voice. Something is wrong with me today. My body is not functioning well. I made my way to the dressing table only to get my toes stubbed.

"Oh! My holy.... Ah!" Jumping around on one foot, I stumbled upon a hard body.

"Easy there, princess." Gulping down hard, I pushed the person behind me and marched towards the dressing table. That was rude of me, I admit. For someone who saved me instead of thanking him, I pushed him away.

"You okay, princess?"

"Yeah." He gave me a suspicious look before entering the bathroom. I laid my head on the table wondering what on the earth just happened.

When we both got down after getting ready, it was already time for lunch. Me and Jason were sitting at the dining table waiting for everyone. Jason said he missed me so much he didn't let me go anywhere far from him. He made me sit on his lap while he asked me to fill in everything I did when he wasn't present.

I have sat on his lap a lot of times but today was different. It felt awkward. I was stiff and I guess even Jason noticed it. He looked confused and wanted to ask me but he shook it away asking me of my adventures in the Miller mansion in his absence.

At first it was awkward, I couldn't even make eye contact with him. Soon the mood became light and I was animatedly talking to him about everything and anything especially about Jewel. His one hand was playing with my hair while the other hand was in my hands.

"You need to meet Jewel, Jason. She's such a ball of sunshine. She's an exact replica of her dad a bit less intimidating."

"Oh! God. Not even a second in this room and I already wanna gauge my eyes out." We both looked at the owner of the voice who was wearing a disgusted face and had covered his eyes with one hand.

"Good afternoon to you too mister Singleton." Jason greeted in posh manner making the other one scoff.

"You know paedophilia is wrong and disgusting."

"So? When have I been a saint to do something right and pure." Jonathan scrunched his nose before smirking.

"So, you finally accept. Accept the fact that you are a disgusting pig who fantasize about young innocent girl aka Pedophile." Jason confused expression turned into stern one while Johnnie's changed from smug to horror when he got attacked by a knife.

"Hey!!!!! People could die."

"Like I care." I turned my head back and forth to Jason and Johnnie as they banter like kindergarten kids. Soon in the midst of their argument I saw Linda walking or more like limping towards us.

"What's wrong Linda? Why are you walking like that?"

"Oh it's nothing....

"Yeah, it's nothing. She's just sore from all the punishment she got this morning." Linda glared at Johnnie for interrupting her while the later one had a smug look. I looked at Jason when he started coughing and he had a hard glare set at Johnnie.