CHAPTER 37

FIRST OF ALL GUYS SORRY FOR THE DELAY IN UPDATE, SECOND OF ALL TO ALL THE PEOPLE CELEBRATING HAPPY DIWALI, I DON'T KNOW IF I AM A LITTLE LATE OR WHAT BUT STILL HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE DIWALI. I REALLY HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY/NIGHT.

The puppies were now fed and playing around with themselves, nipping their parents and sometimes me and Jason. I was sitting between Jason's legs as one of them come one by one to play or sit on my lap. Me and Jason were being ourselves cooing at their cuteness, this is probably the first time for me to see this side of Jason. I know he was always a softy in front of me but he never cooed or awed me.  

"You know I have always wanted a puppy. They say puppy makes the best friend for growing up kid."

"So, what happened?" 

"My Nana happened. She had different thoughts about it. In fact she always has dissimilar thoughts in compare to majority. She thought animals were just waste of time, energy and money. Her definition of pet is a nuisance that are born to freeload on human."

"That's rude. I am a gang leader but I don't feel that way."

"I know right. I always opposed her but in my mind because voicing out against elders is rude." I mimicked the last part the way nana recites to me.

"Nope that's not true." I looked at Jason with a confused look. "If you think someone is wrong and want to point out their mistake, it's never rude. You are just being nice and correcting them."

"But nana said---

"Nana! Nana! Nana! It's always nana. Haven't you ever given a thought that maybe whatever your nana is teaching isn't really adequate?" He tightened his jaw and looked other way. Just a moment ago we were fine and suddenly now he is getting hostile.

"Nope." I shook my head without an hesitation. He looked my way with a baffled expression.

"Why?"

"Because it makes my dad happy. I am the only family he has and as the only family it's my duty to keep him happy. Even if it means following the path blindly wherever my Nana guides to than I have no complaints." He looks at me in disbelief before letting out a humorless smile.

"You know I always look at you and yelled at myself for kidnapping such an innocent angel and taking you away from your family. Then you talk about your family and I am like nope. I think this is the most nicest thing I have ever done for anybody."

"Why would you think that? Keeping someone away from their family is never a nice thing."

"Well it is a nice thing when you have a family like yours and kidnapper like me. I think I treat you better than any of your family." 

"It's not. You are saying this because you just don't know them like I do."

"You just can never see bad in a person, can you?" He tilted his head in a frown.

"What do you mean?"

"I've been observing you for a while, every time we talk about your family or more precisely your nana. The way you describe your nana everyone will come to the conclusion that she is an ignorant and terrible lady who doesn't much care about your feeling/ well being. And when any of us try to get it in your head, you just wave it away saying she has her own reasons or something it's because we don't know her. We don't have to know a person personally to understand what kind of individual they actually are. With the way people describe about them in every day life, it is enough to know what kind of person they are. So why can't you get in your head that your nana isn't the nicest person you make out her to be?" Jason sounded pretty annoyed as he rubbed his face.