CHAPTER 28

We were now practically done with the day and heading towards our room until I felt a tuck on my arm. I look at the source and see Jason giving me one of his infamous boyish grin.

"I still have a place to show you."

"Really?" I ask astonished because no matter how much we explore this house, there's something always left to check out. I walk beside Jason in comfortable silence. We walk out of the house by the door on the end of hall that lead to the backside of the house.

To say I was mesmerized would be understatement of the year. We were in front of a garden that had every kind of flowers I have ever seen; a small table beside the house right under its shade to enjoy the afternoon tea. This place was like heaven on  earth, I could stay here all my life. As we walk more, a couple of pillars caught my eyes. After a few more steps I gasped when my eyes landed on the most beautiful gazebo ever. It was made of roman pillars giving it a vibe of ancient roman garden, this was like those garden in fairy tale books.

The pillars were all stood in a circle form, vines were crawling up them making it look more beautiful with the flowers blooming. It was built right on the center of garden that the beauty was intensified more than it was. Inside the gazebo a really beautiful flower was scrapped on the center of the floor, surrounding by well trimmed grass.

"It was my grandmother's garden." I was crouched down inspecting the detail of the flowers.

"Your grandma's?" I asked no intention of leaving my eyes from the flower. There were many beautiful colorful flowers in the garden but this one right here was something that caught my eyes. It was just a sketch on the marbled floor but it was still magnificent like any other plants here.

"My grandpa had always loved my grandma and she had always loved flowers, so being the lovesick person he was; he build this beautiful garden just for her. That one right there is her favorite out of all the flowers." I saw him pointing at the same flower I'd been admiring.

"I don't know what was special about it, but she loved that marble with all her heart." I look at Jason to see him sitting on the railing of the gazebo and patted the place beside for me to sit. With much hesitation I stood up and walked towards him.

"I haven't told you about my grandma and grandpa's love story, have I?" I shook my head no. "My Grandpa was a monster who led one of the most dangerous gang in the world. Mercy was something that was not included in his dictionary, because he was a man of power, most people used to seek his help than government or law. And whenever he had to collect his pay most of them couldn't afford the money because my grandpa would charge the price high even if he knew not all of them could pay him that much. One time when he made a special visit to one of the debtors, who owned him a lot than any of his client. He had planned it all; visit him, interrogate him, make him beg and lastly kill him." I looked at Jason unfazed because one way or another I was expecting that knowing how the grandson is.

"But unfortunately his plan didn't go as he wanted, just when he had his gun pointed at the man's head a really beautiful raven hair girl entered the scene. I still remember the word that granddad used to describe her, magnificent. He was mesmerized by her beauty even if the girl looked a fresh high school girl, he couldn't help but be awe with her beauty. The moment he saw her, he knew he wanted her and made the deal with his client. Fortunately for grandpa and unfortunately for the young lady her dad agreed with the deal in heartbeat. Grams said that the lady was pretty shocked, her face showed the sign of pain."

"Who wouldn't be? You were betrayed by the person you loved the most, the person you looked up to the most. If my dad did that I wouldn't have forgiven him ever." I interrupted in the middle even though I knew Jason hated it. I glanced at him, sporting a smile instead of glare.