'Be My Friend'

Manik reached near the elevator and waited for it to come down. He went inside and waited for it to close. It was about to close when he saw nandini running to elevator.
He kept his hand to stop it from closing.
Nandini rushed inside and leaned on the walls of it.

"U did a lot of workout today bull",manik said leaning sideways near her ear with a smirk.

Nandini had not noticed that it was him. Her eyes were closed and she was breathing heavily inside the lift.
Hearing him she turns and looked at him suprised.

"Huh?",she asked confused.

"Nothing",manik said seeing her confused.

"U did brought the designs or left it at home.",manik asked her.

Nandini nods at him and then check her bag and takes out the file. She shows him and he nods.

"Come to my cabin in 15.",manik said and went out as the door opened.

Nandini nodded and followed him.

Arjun and karan were standing near nandini's cabin.

"Where is she?",karan asked tensed.

"She never comes late but today i hope she is fine and comes soon.",arjun said him equally tensed.

"It's good that sir is not there. Lets hope she comes before sir.",karan said and arjun nodded.

They saw manik coming inside.

"She is gone.",karan murmured.

Manik saw them tensed and smirk knowing the reason.

Nandini was behind him so they couldn't see her.

Manik moves aside and they saw her and sighed.

Manik goes inside his cabin and she comes to them.

"U okay,Why were u late?",arjun asked hugging her.

"I overslept.",she said them.

"Its okay.",karan said hugging her.

"Thank god sir also came late or he would have thought u didn't come as u didn't do the design.",karan said her.

"U completed the designs na",arjun asked and both looked at her hopefully.

She makes a sad face and nods in no.

Their faces fell.

"Umm its okay. We will try to convince him.",arjun tried assuring her.

"Yes u don't worry, we will make some excuse and ask for some more time. Its not a easy task to do it in 2 days,he will understand.", karan said thinking.

They both were thinking of ways and nandini smiled lightly seeing them like this.

She hugged both of them.

"Nandini u don't worry",arjun said thinking she is sad.
"Ya its fine,we are there with you.",karan said her caressing her head.

"Guys i was joking. I completed it.", nandini said them with a big smile.

"Really?",they ask together looking at her.

She smiled widely and nodded in yes.

"U scared us.",they said and karan slapped her head.

She frowns at him.
He hugs her and kiss her temple.

"U guys are the best.",she said them.

"We know",arjun said keeping his elbow on nandini's shoulder winking at karan.