"I don't have time for your games"

Nandini feels someone's presence around her and opened her eyes half asleep.

"It's just me. Go back to sleep.",Manik whispers as he touched her cheeks.

She moved back and he frowns as she sat up straight.

"I didn't mean to wake you.",he said softly and she nods.

He sits beside her and she looks at him.

"Nandini?",he started eyes filled with guilt and regret and she knew what was coming.

"I know what you want to say. Its fine.",she whispered and he frowned more.

She looks at the time.

" Its 6 already. I will go down and check on mom. ",She said and manik was about to say something but stops.

She puts her leg down on the floor and felt a jolt of pain making her groan.

Manik looks at her.

"What's wrong?",he asked as he looked at her to check.

"I am fine.",she said blankly and take a step but stumbles and manik holds her making her seat on the bed.

"Are you hurt?",he asked and she stays silent.

He kneels down infront of her checking her legs before his eyes found the swell on her right leg.

"How the fuck did this happened?",he asked angry and she glared at him for his language before pulling her leg away from his hold.

"I was clumsy. Its not a big deal.",She said to him and stood up and took small steps to the bathroom.

" Not a big deal. Your leg is swelled up. Stop moving around.",he said standing on her way.

She glared at him and he challenged her with his eyes.

"I don't have time for your games.",Nandini said and he sighed.

" Me too. You are coming back to bed and resting. I will check and do the first aid.",he said and moved to pick her up but she backs out.

"You can't have it your way everytime. I said I am fine. Now leave my way.",She said him serious and he moves a little knowing she was mad at him and he doesn't want to provoke her more.

She freshen up and comes out to find manik sitting on the bed staring at her. She ignores him and walks to her closet.

"Nandini atleast let me put on some relief spray. It will ease the pain.",Manik said walking in the closet holding the first aid box.

"I doubt.",She said staring at him and he gulps as he noticed the double meaning behind her words.

She moved past him and he stares at her back.

"Are you Okay?",he asked and she nods before walking out of the door and manik sighed looking at the first aid in his hand before he noticed the room and realised she had to clean his mess and felt more guilty.

Nandini walk down the stairs slowly and went inside the kitchen.

Kaka smiled at her and gave her the tray with tea.

"Where are they?",she asked him and he informed outside.

She thanked him and walked outside to have her evening tea with Raj and Nyonika like she did everyday when either of them are home and free.

She meets cabir on the way who was talking on his phone.

He smiles at her and she smiled back before he frowns and hangs up walking close to her.