"Goodnight Sweetheart"

"What the hell are you guys doing here?",manik asked looking at them.

Both stiffen and slowly got up standing holding the pen stand that was on the floor.

Manik switch on the lights and waits for an explanation.

"Pooja, I need an answer here.",he asked and she looks at yuvi and then down.

"Sir..i.. act..actually",she stammers and he waits staring at her.

He looks around the office and finds things different and a bit out of place.

"Both of you, I need to know complete truth now or you both are fired and i will personally make sure that you don't get a proper job in any other company.",Manik asked angry and pooja take a step back in fear.

"Sir she is not at fault at this. She was helping me out.",Yuvraj said and manik turned to him.

He walked closer and stared him down.

"Oh really then why don't you do me a favour and start speaking already. My patience level is at its lowest point right now.",he yelled glaring at him.

"Sir actually some of your files were misplaced and I came to sort it out. I asked her to help me. We were going to tell you the truth once the party was over and everything was sorted.",he said to manik and manik looked at him studying his face.

He walked to his table and looked at his files. He frowned a bit and turned to them.

"Okay they are misplaced but how do you knew about it. They were okay when I last checked them and no one's been to this office after that. It was locked and keys were with me and pooja. So maybe you both misplaced it and are now lying to save your sorry ass.",he said slamming the file down as he stared at them with his hands on table.

"No... I.. didn't",pooja stammers and manik looks at her.

"You want me to believe you.  I would have if you weren't standing here right in front of me caught red handed. I am sure I wasn't the one who gave the keys to anyone. Well the next person is you and you are here in my office.",manik said her coldly.

"Sir trust me. I had the keys in my purse the whole time. Yuvraj came for my help and that's when I came down with him to check the files and correct it. I would never do such a thing.",pooja said slowly her eyes tearing up.

"Let's for a moment think that you didn't. You re innocent then why didn't you come to me when he said about the files.",manik asked her.

"Sir i wasn't sure that's true. I thought i would check it and see what's wrong and then inform you. I didn't want to spoil the party for unnecessary reasons. You were busy too with ma'am, so i didn't disturb you.",pooja said looking down as tears fall down her face.

He thinks about what she said and turns to yuvraj.

"Last chance, I need to hear the complete truth of how the files got misplaced and how you know about it. If you try to lie, you better think of the consequences first.",manik warned him.

He wipes the sweat of his face and looks at him scared.

"Can I talk to you alone?, I swear pooja was not part of it. She is saying the truth.",he said looking at manik.

Manik stares at him and nods at pooja.

She rush out of the cabin and moves to the washroom.

Manik leans on the table and half seats on it.

Yuvraj was shivering and manik passes the glass of water.

He drinks it and looks at manik.

"I did it.", Yuvi said and manik clenches his fist.