'Too good for my liking'

At the office

"So you won't be here for 4 days. Seriously?",karan asked her sipping his coffee.

Nandini hummed in response.

" We will miss you.", Arjun said wrapping his hand around her.

"Me too but I will be back soon, I really need a break and have some girl times with them. ",Nandini said them.

They nodded and all got back to work.

Manik drove her back from office.
"So you are leaving tomorrow with an early flight.", manik said and she nods.

"Why can't you just go with mukti a day before the engagement ? Why going early? ",manik asked her.

"Mukti was coming with me but she got a last minute work and thus will come later. I am free and i want to spend time with them also arya needed my help and he asked me to come early.",nandini tried to reason.

"So he asked you to come early and you are going and here i am asking you to stay but you won't. Why?",
Manik asked in disbelief.

"I also want to meet my friends and spend some time with them. I am basically always at home or office, i am tired and i want a break and some girl time.",nandini said him.

"So you are bored with me and need space from me. You don't want me near you?",manik questions stopping the car.

"I never said that, you are misunderstanding me. Okay... Why don't you come inside and help me pack?",nandini said opening her door.

"Uhhh?",manik looks around thinking.

"Manik, i need help and we can talk.",nandini requests him and he nods and comes inside and follows her upstairs after greeting cabir.

"Tell me the truth, why do you want to go early,is it because i bore you and you need a break from me or did i do something wrong. Wait, Are you not happy with this? If that's the case than its still not late.",manik said putting on a brave fake smile facing her.

"Manik stop over thinking things. Its nothing like that. I just want a holiday with my old friends, i miss them and have a lot of things to talk to them.", Nandini explained.

"Okay fine. Let's talk about something else.",Manik said moving around her room.

"Manik i..", Nandini tried saying but manik cuts her off.

"So what do you need help with? Should i bring the dresses from closet?",he asked her.

"No i will get it. You just pack it in the suitcase properly.", nandini replied sighing.

Manik nods and sits on her bed with the suitcase infront of him.

Nandini walks to the closet and takes out her clothes and drops it on the bed.

"So i need around 6 pairs and 1 more for safety. I was thinking to take mostly dresses. What do you think?",nandini asked him picking up her one piece.

"Its winter and you will get cold if you wear those. I think you should take jeans.",manik suggest.

"I am going for their engagement. There's going to be party. I can't wear jeans there. I think i will take 2 jeans and rest dress.",she said him and picks a black top to show him.

Manik nods and folds it nicely and arrange in the bag.

Nandini picks out light blue jeans and a black jeans along with a white lace top and a small tight fitting top.

"Don't you think, its very small",manik questions.

"No its fine. What about these which one i should wear at the engagement. A red dress or a blue?",she questions.