"Horse riding is boring"

Nandini changes her position in bed and closes her eyes to sleep but then turns again and checks the time to see it was around 1. After a little talk down. They all went to bed. She is lying on her bed for more than an hour and still is unable to sleep.

Her phone rings and she picks it up.

"Hello.... Yes I am sorry. I forgot to tell you. Actually, we won't be coming today.... Yeah I know I told you we will but there are these rituals that he believes in. So I don't think its possible to come today..... I am sorry for wasting your time.....yeah cancel everything..... Okay thanks.",Nandini said and sat on her bed.

"Why did I had to sleep in the evening?", Nandini said getting frustrated.

She gets up from her bed and walks around for a while.

"If I can't sleep then maybe he can't as well, he too slept in the evening.",nandini thought and smiles before picking up her phone and slowly exiting her door. She tip-toes to manik's room and was about to knock when she finds the door open.

"Great",she murmurs and slowly opens the gate and walks inside his room and shut the door.

She adjusts her eyes to the dark room lightened a little by the moonlight coming from the balcony.

She walks to the centre and finds him sleeping there holding his pillow.

"How can he sleep so peacefully?",nandini whispers and walks closer to him.

"He is sleeping. Should I wake him up or not.?",she wonders staring at him.

"I shouldn't wake him up. He must be tired.",she thought sitting on the bed beside him.

She stares at him for a while before running her index finger over his face. She starts with his forehead and moves to his cheeks and nose and to his lips.

"He will be the death of me, someday.", She murmurs and lightly rubs her finger over his lips before moving her hand and cupping his cheeks lightly. She leans down and kisses his forehead.

"Sleep well. I will go and try to sleep as well.",she whispers and stood up and walks away.

Manik opens his eyes a little as he turns to sleep on the other side and sees a figure.

"Nandini? Is that you?",he asks sleepy trying to open his eyes properly.

Nandini turns halfway from the door and looks at him.

"Sorry, I woke you up. I was just checking if you are sleeping or awake.",Nandini said him.

"Its fine. Did you come just now or you were here for some time.",he asked running his hand over his forehead and face.

"I came just now. Why?",Nandini asked innocently.

"Nothing. I must be dreaming.",he whispers the next part to himself and looks at her.

"Come and sit.",he said her and she nods in no.

"You go back to sleep. You must be tired.",she said and he nods in no.

"Its fine. Come here.",he asked again and she nods and walks to his bed again and sits beside him as he makes more space for her.

"Why are you awake till late?",he questioned.

"I couldn't sleep.",she said and he nods and lies down putting his head on her lap and taking her hand, holding it close to his chest.

She smiles and runs her fingers through his hairs.

"Manik?",she calls and he hummed with his eyes closed.

"Did you listen to what I said to our parents?",she asked and he looks at her before nodding.