'I am also glad that i met you'

"let's go outside.",manik tells her and both went outside.

Nandini sits on the grass and manik sits beside her.

"Tell me now",he said turning to her.

"I stopped drinking four years ago.",she said him and he looked at her surprised. He wanted to ask her about this before but stopped himself for some reasons.

"Can I ask why?",he asks her curious but hesistant.

Nandini chuckles seeing him nervous.

"Manik it's fine, u can ask me anything. I don't mind.", nandini tells him and he nods.

"Well I was never a fond of drinking. I drank for the first time on my 18th b'day and let's just say that I don't handle alcohol nicely, I was a mess and Bhai was very angry, so I told him that I will not drink much and be in limits if I ever did. Before I was living for college, me and Bhai had a fight and it wasn't a nice one. I didn't talk to him for more than a month and we used to have arguments every now and then after that. I was very angry at him and was doing everything that would make him irritated just to annoy him. It was one such day, there was a house party by one of my classmates, I wasn't planning to go first as I wasn't a big fan of parties but then I had another argument with Bhai and to piss him off I went to the party. I know it wasn't a good idea, also mukti and abhi were not there as they went for a study trip. So I went alone. My friends offered me drinks, at first I decided to have only a few but than I lost the count and was very drunk. I got bored in the party and went out near my car to go home. My phone battery was dead, so I couldn't call anyone to pick me up or book a cab. I decided to go home myself and drunk drove. I thought I could handle it but I got myself in an accident and crashed into a tree. I was thankfully not that injured but the doctor called my parents and Bhai came to London and we sorted out our problems and I promised him not to drink ever again and so I haven't drank alcohol since then.", Nandini finished telling him looking straight all the while and turned to him to get his reaction.

Manik looked angry, curious and also relieved.

"I am sorry okay, I was just angry and wanted to irritate him.", nandini said him seeing his glare.

"By risking your life, seriously nandini. U could have just stayed back at your friends house instead of drunk driving or u could have asked your friend to drop u. It's good u aren't drinking anymore or I would have made sure u never touch alcohol.",manik scolded her.

"Cabir must have been so worried for you.",manik said her.

"He was.", nandini said him and remembers those times.

"I never thought that the reason behind u not drinking can be this big.",manik said her.

She gave him a smile.

"That's why u we're so scared before?",manik asked realizing it.

"Hmm, that almost accident today brought up those memories and I remembered how immature and stupid I was, also the fights with Bhai came in my mind and i realized how scared Bhai would have been after my accident and everything scared me more for some reason.",nandini tells him.

He looks at her and wraps his hand around her shoulder.

"I want to tell u something else too.", nandini tells him.

He looks at her.

"In the Jeep, I avoided that topic when abhi asked as I didn't want to revive those bitter times again but then i need to tell you about it too. Me and Bhai had always had few small arguments before like any siblings but our first real big argument was this one when I was leaving for London.",nandini tells him.