0006

It had taken half and hour of organising the sticks and leaves out, and around a hundered attempts at lighting it, before Kyle gave up, tossing the lighter back to Craig. It then took a good two minutes of trying to light it, before he also give up himself, somehow seeming more stressed than Kyle.

Tweek had suggested countless times that they should just go back. It was starting to become cold out now that the sun had began to set, and he was beginning to grow tired. Reluctantly both Kyle and Craig agreed, and by the time they'd made it back to the cabin, Craig's feet were sore and achy. They'd passed Kyle's room first on their way up, with the redhead dismissing them with a quiet, 'see you later', before ducking into the darkness of his room.

Their own room wasn't much different, except for the loud snoring noises coming from Eric's bed. The light were off, with the curtains closed. Both Kenny and Eric were already asleep. The bus ride had seemingly tired them out to the point of going to bed at only half nine.

Kevin was under his sheets, using the flash on his phone so that he could read his book privately, only being able to fully feel connected to a story when he felt alone. Butters was resting on his bed, with his legs dangling off the side, whilst he scrolled through his twitter feed. It was only when the door shut that he looked up, before quietly whispering, "Hey."

"Hey." Tweek replied, only able to see Butters silhouette. Craig ignored him though, and after making his way up the ladder and settling into his bed, Tweek followed, having to crawl over Craig's legs to get to his own bed.

"Hold up." Craig whispered. His hand grabbing Tweeks forearm.

"What?" Tweek whispered back, only not so quietly. Letting go of his arm, Craig made a grab for his pillow, switching it to the end of his bed, before looking to Tweek expectantly.

Tweek swallowed thickly, but copied him non the less, throwing down his pillow and climbing under the sheets. Craig was shuffling around in his own bed, before he'd finally settled down, with parts of his hair meeting Tweek's.

Tweek's green eyes stared up at the ceiling as he tried not to think about the head so close to his own, and moments later a foreign, bright light shon in his eyes, making him curse. His hand flew to his face to shield his eyes, and when he finally moved them away, slowly peeling an eye open again, he came to recognise Craig's phone dangling above his face, with the hand attached, swaying slightly from holding it up for so long.

"Wh-what?"

"Look." Craig rolled his eyes in the darkness.

"Can't you at least turn the brightness down? Jesus Christ!"

Craig muttered beneath his breath, and the bright light momentarily disappeared, only to return seconds later, though not so bright. Now Tweek could see, he recognised a picture of Craig's old guinea pig, Stripe, wearing a Christmas hat. He remembered making a personalised Christmas card back in fifth grade with that exact photo. He remembered how excited eleven year old Craig had been to go into great detail about how he took the picture using his new camera.

It wasn't long after, that Stripe had died. It was the first time Tweek had seen his friend upset, and for a long time, it was the last. The bright light disappeared again, and the phone made a sound as it was being locked, before being shoved under Craig's pillow.

"Remember when you first made me hold her?" Tweek whispered into the darkness, hoping Butters couldn't hear him.

Craig gently laughed, his pillow scraping against Tweek's as he did so. "Yeah."

"You promised me she wouldn't bite," Tweek continued, smiling as he turned his head to look at nothing in particular. "Yet low and behold, I went home that day with a bandaged finger, and the rational fear of rodents."

"She wasn't a rodent."

"Technically, she was a rodent." Tweek insisted.

"Alright, whatever." Craig muttered. His eyes closed peacefully, whilst fingers raked through his hair. Fingers that were too close to Tweek's hair. He could feel the heat radiating from them, only inches from his head, and how he wished Craig would slip and touch his hair like last time. But it didn't happen. Soon Craig was pulling his hand away and turning over onto his side, ready to go to sleep.

Tweek swallowed the lump forming deep in his throat, and pulled the covers up further up to rest against his chin. "Goodnight, Craig." He whispered, one final time.

A few seconds passed, leaving Tweek to believe his friend had already fallen asleep, before the soft reply came. "Night, Tweek."

Two hours later, Kevin and Butters had joined the others in sleep, whilst Tweek continued toss and turn in his attempts to drift off. His eyes felt so incredibly heavy, but his mind continued to run at full power. He was over thinking and endlessly worrying.

A desperate whine caught in the back of his throat as he stared into the darkness, with a slight headache beginning to form. He rolled over onto his stomach, propping himself up on his elbows to look over at Craig's sleeping figure. His steady breathing, a peaceful rise and fall of the sheets was enticing. Tweek stared shamefully, and as the moonlight illuminated the room just enough for Tweek to see Craig's hair sprawled out across his pillow, he realised he had the undying need to touch it.

With a shaky hand, he reached out, stopping only inches from his friends head, whilst he mentally talked himself out of it. Subconsciously his fingers met the black hair, smooth to touch, and as his fingers gently buried further in, Craig sighed, turning in his sleep.

"Mmh, Tweek?" Craig groaned into his pillow.

Tweek froze, with his hand still in Craig's hair. "Yeah?" He panicked.

"What're you doing?"

"There was a bug." His hand began to brush at Craig's hair, abruptly retreating afterwards. "Got it. Don't worry."

"Thanks." Craig muttered. He reached out aimlessly, patting at Tweek, and instead of what was intended to be a thank you pat, ended up being a sloppy side slap across the blondes face. Tweek settled back into the covers, with one hand holding onto the corner of Craig's pillow. As he closed his eyes, he had little hope of catching any sleep tonight. But still, he tried.