0083

By the time Monday morning arrived, Tweek was already feeling more like himself again. In a hurry, he got ready for school, deciding he was going to walk today, rather than taking the bus as he occasionally would. He felt as though he'd missed out on too much already, but now, he was ready to pick up where he'd left off.

The rare sun hung high in the sky, gently warming up the side of Tweek's face as he walked. He breathed in the fresh air, feeling it fill his lungs as it forced the anxiety away. It was the first time in a while that it wasn't either raining or snowing, and he noticed more students, like himself, were walking today. Stan was amongst those people, with Wendy by his side as she handed over her left earphone to show him her favourite song. Behind them, Tweek tried not to stare, but he was envious of the way Stan smiled back at his girlfriend, leaving the earphone in place as they walked together. They were slow walkers, whilst Tweek was not. In the end, he forced himself to slow down so that he wouldn't catch up to them, but the entire journey was torture as he awkwardly trailed a short distance behind. 

When they reached South Park High, with the couple still in front of Tweek, he decided to just go for it, and after mentally counting down to one, he forced himself to look ahead as he passed the two of them. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Wendy glancing over at him, and before he could speed away, out of sight and mind, he heard Stan's voice call out. "Hey, Tweek."

Forcing himself to smile slightly, Tweek looked over his shoulder, feeling pressured as the couple stared at him. "Oh, hi." He replied, shaking his hand in a wave. He could tell Stan was going to continue talking to him, so Tweek quickly looked away, before picking up his pace.

"Since when were you two friendly?" He heard Wendy whisper to Stan behind him. Without sticking around to hear the answer, Tweek walked off, soon noticing both Craig and Token hanging out by the entrance as they conversed. Neither had seen Tweek yet, which gave him the time he required to contain his nerves. He hadn't seen Craig in two days, since their talk, whereas he hadn't seen Token in over a month.

After subtly shaking his hands at his sides, he casually walked over to his friends. Before he could even get the chance to speak, Token smiled wide, with his teeth on display he pulled Tweek into a side hug. "Good to have you back, Tweek." He says. "Craig was just filling me in."

"Oh, um... yeah." Tweek struggled to find any words.

"Had me worried for a while," Token confessed as he adjusted the strap of his backpack. "Wasn't sure we were going to see you again."

"Well," Tweek shrugged, momentarily glancing over to Craig. "Here I am..."

"We were just about to meet up with Clyde. Do you want to come?" Craig asked hopefully. The undivided attention he was giving Tweek, was making the blondes stomach flip. All he could manage in reply, was an unsure nod.

"I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees you." Token chuckled beside him, before leading the way inside.

At the thought of seeing Clyde, Tweek's nerves spiked. He could remember their argument, only now, it seemed entirely stupid. They were like brothers, so for something as dumb as this to get in the way of their friendship, it was mind blowing. He wondered whether Clyde would even want to be his friend anymore, after all, it had been a while, and for him to forgive Craig before Clyde, it must've been like a kick in the teeth. Thoughts of 'what if' raced through his mind as he followed Token throughout the busy hallways. He noticed how close Craig was walking beside him, and though it would've usually brought comfort, at the moment, nothing could settle the anxiety Tweek was feeling.