0068

The night was quiet and enchanting, with stars that freckled the sky, and a moon so clearly visible it looked straight out of a painting. There was a slight mist that enclosed the streets ahead, and though it rained lightly, it brought along a scent of nature that captivated Tweek.

He peeked upward, with his eyes squinting as the rain pattered against his face, whilst dampening the material of his clothing. Beside him, Craig watched, though unlike his counterpart, he wasn't too thrilled with having to walk home at night in the rain. Token had offered them a ride, but Tweek refused, saying he hadn't wanted to go home just yet. And so, being the sensible one, Craig followed to insure his safe departure leading home.

With his ears burning and his nose glistening a shade of pink, Craig grabbed ahold of Tweek's arm to drag him along. The blonde had been too dazed by the sky that he hadn't noticed he'd been standing still, but once he was in motion again, he frowned, pulling his arm free from Craig's hold.

"Do you always rush everything?"

"I'm cold, Tweek," Craig yawned. "Not to mention, I'm tired as fuck."

"It's not even nine."

"Nothing makes time drag more than those guys."

"They weren't that bad." Tweek lied, wringing his hands together. "Well, some of them."

"You spent the entire time on the verge of hyperventilating."

"No, I didn't."

"Yeah, okay then." Craig smirked. "Holding onto my finger was just a usual act of boredom."

"Hey, you were the one who offered it." Tweek defended. "I only took it so you wouldn't feel embarrassed."

"Yep, I totally believe you."

"It's true." Tweek's says, glancing over to Craig who was looking smug. "And I don't appreciate your sarcasm."

"I'll stop, if you stop pretending why you held it."

For a second, Tweek thought carefully about his reply. He could go either two ways, the safe way, or the risky. There was something about the show of confidence Craig was wearing, that both encouraged and annoyed Tweek. So, he decided to choose the risky reply. "Okay," He began, looking off to the moon ahead. "There's something about you that I find comforting."

Taken back, Craig blinked. He knew his presence was a comforting support for Tweek, though he'd never actually heard the confession out loud before. Looking to Tweek, he noticed through the darkness how the rain had somewhat tamed the blondes hair. It was flat, clinging to his forehead and Craig imagined his own was in a similar position. "How so?" He asked, though his words came out slightly strangled.

Still looking up, Tweek counted the stars as he shrugged. "I don't know," he says while inhaling a deep breath. "When I woke up in that hospital, terrified out of my mind, you were there. You told me I could trust you, and since then you've proved that I can. Nobody else did that."

"I think everyone else just respected the fact you needed time to adjust."

"What I needed, was to not feel isolated."