0032

The car jolted around wildly from Stan's driving, with his intense eyes focused on the road ahead as he skidded around yet another corner. His attempts at shaking off the truck was failing. The situation was stressing him out enough alone, yet having Eric yelling in his ear to go faster wasn't helping. He wanted to let go of the wheel for a split second, long enough to turn around and punch his friend in the throat to shut him up. He didn't though, but his knuckles were turning white as he held tightly onto the steering wheel, with one hand slipping off to change gears, then returning moments later.

He couldn't help but notice Kyle beside him. His face was contorted with pain as his shoulder hit against the seat repeatedly, but there was nothing Stan could do to help. It was either enduring the life like bumper car ride, or stop the car, only to be shot with a rusty arrow that had most likely never been disinfected.

Kenny glanced across to Eric, who kneeled on the seat backwards as the arrow bumped against Stan's seat, whilst occasionally turning his head to shout at the driver. Not long after, Kenny turned to Tweek beside him, who's eyes were trained on the back of Kyle's seat, whilst his hands curled into tight fists on his lap as his jaw firmly set in place.

"Does it hurt?"

Relentlessly, Tweek shifted his stare to Kenny, unable to focus his eyes as he tightly nodded his head. His back stung, with the blood sticking to his shirt which irritated the wound further. He swallowed harshly, his lips trembling as he spoke. "Oh it hurts."

Kenny stared on guiltily, somehow finding a way to conclude this as his own fault. His toes curled up inside the warmth of his shoe as he gently kicked his foot out to bump against Tweek's, hoping that transferred some comfort over to the other blonde, but as the truck honked behind them, Tweek tensed.

Stan accelerated into the town, swallowing harshly as he passed the library, looking in the rear- view mirror to look back at the truck. He sighed with relief as it slowed down to turn right, finally leaving their trail. Kyle finally allowed himself to breath, heavily at that, as he looked to Stan, silently thanking him for his reckless driving. That was until the aching in his shoulder returned, sending pains through his neck.

As the car reduced speed to the regular limit, Tweek glanced to his side, one of his fingers wiping at the fogged up window to clear his view. His heart sank when they passed Craig's house. His bedroom light still on, and Tweek found himself wondering which video game he'd be playing. Kenny noticed, silently watching as he chewed on the inside of his lip, his own thoughts wandering to their unsociable classmate as he tried to think of some way to help out Tweek.

Eric wasted no time as he cheered, his voice irritating Stan's ear as the lump banged his fists against the back window. He ignored the annoyed glare Stan was wearing as he slowed down the car to park outside his house.

"Why're you stopping?" Eric hissed. "I need to go to the hospital."

"Give me a second, Jesus Christ." Stan scowled, taking the keys from the car, before pulling on the handle. The door swung open, filling the car with a rush of cold air that lingered with them, even after the door was shut. The remaining four looked to one another unsurely, nobody really knowing what to say about the whole situation.

Non of them understood what had happened, from the trap, to the hunters. They didn't understand why those crazy assholes were even out there in the first place, but then Stan returned, with the car shifting from his weight as he climbed back inside. He started up the car, bringing it back to life, before driving once again.

For the duration of the ride, the group sat in silence, all looking out the windows, staring at the sidewalk that passed by their eyes too fast. Stan was continuously checked the mirrors for the truck, but thankfully it never showed up again. As they pulled into the car park and wandered into the hospital, making their way over to the front desk as Eric gestured to his butt cheek, Tweek focused on the pain.

He focused on the tightness from where the blood had began to set. He focused on the headache that had began to form back when he was in the car, now throbbing against his temples as he looked down at the hospital floor, noticing the scuff marks from other people's shoes. Kyle, Eric and himself were all seen to after what seemed like hours of waiting around. Tweek's injury wasn't so bad, aside from his ruined shirt and Kenny's coat which now had a hole in it. All he'd needed was cleaning up, and a bandage to seal over the wound.

Kyle's shoulder had popped out of place from the fall, and he was kept in over night, alongside Eric who had complained the entire time as the arrow was being removed from his ass, threatening to sue the doctors, left right and centre.

When Tweek came back out, both Kenny and Stan were sitting in the waiting room. Stan's head was resting in his hands, whilst Kenny anxiously chewed his nails, his eyes looking up when Tweek came to sit beside him.

As the lights above their heads gently buzzed, and the reception phone rang through out the halls, Tweek nudged the tip of his shoe against Kenny's, receiving a tired smile. Stan sighed beside them, then, as the silence consumed them, Kenny tapped his shoe in return.