0023

"You're doing it again." Craig warned, his focus was ahead as he came into step with Tweek.

Tweek's eyes wandered over to his friend, noticing the frown threatening to mask over his passive expression. "Doing what?"

"Avoiding us." Craig clarified. "I thought it was just me at first, but then Token and Clyde said they haven't seen you for a few days either. So, fess up."

They passed through the halls beside one another, Craig knocking people out of his way with a nudge of his shoulder, whilst Tweek swerved in and out to avoid being touched. Tweek's eyes desperately found his locker, his pace increasing as he headed on over to unlock it, not having to turn to know Craig was right behind him. "I'm not avoiding anyone. I have so much work to catch up on, as you can see." He sighed, shuffling the books clutched to his chest as he slipped them one by one into the depth of his locker.

"We've all got a lot of work to do, yet we still manage to make time." Craig challenged, his body blocking out the other students in a way that made the blonde feel safe.

Tweek turned to face him, taking in his friends appearance. His jaw was tight, and his eyes were trained on Tweek's like a possessive cat. "Yes, but some of us actually do the work, instead of playing video games all night."

"You always had time for us before." Craig muttered, his eyes falling to his shoes in distress.

Tweek knew his friends well enough to figure this was another one of their attempts at making him feel guilty, just like the night of Bebe's party. He swung his locker door closed with a little more force than expected, making himself and Craig flinch. "And I'll continue to make time for you, but at the moment, Mrs Dreibel is having the time of her life, throwing endless amounts of work at me." It wasn't a lie, his art teacher really did have a thing for giving them something new to do after every lesson.

"Did I do something?" Craig's quiet voice asked.

Tweek's heart ached at the thought of Craig thinking he'd done anything wrong. His eyes softened as he looked into those blues, his mouth slightly parted as he breathed. "What? No. God no. Why would you even think that?"

"You've been funny with me for a couple of weeks now." Craig's voice returned to his normal drawl. "I must've done something." And at Tweek's nervous finger clenching, Craig knew he was right.

Tweek's head hung low, it was exhausting being away from Craig, being away from his friends, but no matter how much he tried to avoid them, he still found his thoughts thinking about the black haired, blue eyed boy standing in front of him. The nights he lay awake in bed, his eyes strained in the darkness of his room, he still found himself wondering what Craig would be doing. He still found his heartbeat picking up whenever he caught sight of his friend in the distance, found himself wanting to just run over and cling to his embrace like a koala.

And as Craig stood before him at this very moment, his face so clearly trying to hide the worry he felt, and as his clear eyes wobbled to stare into Tweek's left to right eye almost nervously, Tweek he realised he couldn't do this to him anymore, and even though he couldn't stand the thought of losing Craig to some dumb crush, he also couldn't stand knowing he was hurting him in his absence.

He released a breath as shaky as his hands and legs, before he looked around as the remaining students headed into the cafeteria, leaving the two friends as they stood by his locker. He glanced back in Craig's direction, not willing to look at him this time. "You're going to hate me." His voice broke off into a whisper that Craig only just managed to hear.

The noirette frowned, taking a hesitant step closer to his friend. "Why?"

"I-I jus-" Tweek stuttered, his throat feeling tight, whilst his head gently shook, watery green eyes meeting Craig's. "I can't do this." His voice cracked, and Craig's usual demeanour completely vanished, looking just as shaky as Tweek did.

"Do what?" Craig breathed anxiously.

Tweek swallowed so hard that Craig could hear it, and once again his gaze went just past Craig's head, the tears brimming as his lip quivered. "I like you, Craig." He cried, with the tears spilling over.

Craig only stared, his mouth agape as he attempted to find the words to respond. He was confused, stunned in place as he watched his friend sniffle out quiet sobs in front of him. "What're you talking about?" Was all he managed.

"You're my best friend, and I hate that, because I like you! I like you so much it's killing me to pretend to be your friend." Tweek whimpered, his angry yet broken eyes finding Craig's wide open ones. "I hate that I have to look at you ever single day, because all I want to do I see you. My chest hurts around you, and I just want it to stop. It hurts, Craig! It fucking hurts!"

Craig eyes stung, slightly teary at the confession. He felt sick and trembly in a bad way, his fists clenched at his sides as a mixture of anger and depression filled his body. Why did he have to do this? Why was he saying this? Why couldn't he have just kept it to himself? "Don't." Craig hissed, angrily glaring at Tweek.

"You think I wanted this to happen?" Tweek bitterly laughed through his waterfall of tears. "I hate this as much as you do."

Craig let out a low growl, his hands fisting into Tweek's shirt as he pushed him harshly against the locker, his frightened yet dangerous eyes intimidating the blondes bloodshot ones. "Stop it, Tweek!"

Tweek uncontrollably sniffed, his back pressed against the cold locker as Craig's fingers dug into his chest painfully. His head fell back to hit the locker in his own anger, in his own pain as the menacing scowl continued to direct at him. "I can't." He sniffed. "I can't."