0037

He breathed softly, experiencing ones total serenity, his mind slowly unraveling as he carefully opened his eyes. A barely lit room held his sheltered heart for this very moment. Kept it safe as he breathed in and out, inhale, exhale. This was his bedroom, strangely different but still, this was his bedroom. Enlightened eyes peacefully observed the room. A messy chaos that somehow eased his nerves. His belongings displayed for him to see, for him to touch if he dared to. Tentative fingers brushed over his desk, collecting dust on his pads as he admired the trail left behind. The overdue flicker of his lamp captured his attention, his stare meeting his bedside table that hid itself away in the corner, shades of casted shadows admitting through out the room. So innocently tranquil. But then the greens of his eyes were sightseeing his bed. The unkept covers thrown over, exposing the wrinkled sheets underneath. He wasn't alone, his slow, collective footsteps being counted in his mind, until meeting the foot of the bed.

And then he was smiling, revelling in this newly found sense of contentment as he silently watched Craig sitting on the bed, with his legs crossed and head down as he scrolled through his phone. His blue eyes read the rare events that caught his attention, only to look up when he sensed Tweek's presence. It was in this moment that Tweek realised his mood could've only progressed from there on, because when Craig smiled, when he really smiled and his eyes lit up, Tweek wasn't sure how to breathe. He didn't know how to tame the fluttering inside his stomach as he himself, witnessed such a beautiful thing, such a mesmerising moment that was here only for him.

The soft sheets compressed under the weight of his pale hands as he crawled onto the bed, crossing his legs as he sat opposite his dark haired friend. Neither breaking this intense staring competition that seemed to be happening, and all Tweek knew, was that in this moment in time, he in fact, knew nothing, only the detailed description of Craig's eyes.

There were no words needed to be spoken. The gentle patter of the rain against the window filled the silence, the evermore silence that radiated from wall to wall, filling the static that lived in this room. This room that sheltered not only his heart, but also the beating one within arms reach. That beating heart that had synced with his own. Two timely beats yearning to make the next, to be the first to make the next pulse, but they were in sync, two hearts in one room.

Emerald eyes drifted from blue, lowering to his hand that gripped at the covers beneath him, only to wander to Craig's, still holding onto his phone. Only until the blonde dared himself to move, to reach out and touch the skin of the noirette's knuckles, tracing over the bumps that loosened under his touch.

Tweek shakily breathed, not out of anxiety but out of passion. The tips of his fingers tingling as his stare was casted back to Craig's eyes. The eyes that carefully watched their hands, too captivated by the small movements to even look up, and for some reason, Tweek found himself smiling again.

But this wasn't reality, being mercilessly torn from his sleep by the irritating jabs he was taking to the sides of his stomach, Tweek's bloodshot eyes peeled open with a groan as he looked to his side. Kenny retracted his finger, innocently watching Tweek with his usual grin. Tweek ignored the boy next to him, his main focus was to soar out Craig, yet when he shifted in his seat to look back, Craig's desk was empty, along with the rest of his classmates. Disappointed eyes returned to watch as Kenny stood from his seat, shortly after pushing the chair underneath the table with his foot.

"I fell asleep?"

Kenny was already gathering his things, holding them under his arm as he looked to Tweek expectantly, obviously wanting to get out of this place as soon as possible. He wasn't wearing his usual coat, for obvious reasons,  and if the circumstances were any different, Tweek would've found the sight of Kenny in a grey t-shirt unfamiliar.