0021

Leaves crunched beneath Kenny's feet as he walked through the trees. The darkness surrounded him invitingly as he made his way to the park with half a cigarette left. He'd taken a short cut through the woods from his house, since he was never one to be bothered by the loneliness of the night. He was never one to anxiously check behind him when a noise reflected in the distance. He'd walked through these woods too many times as a child, to know that the only things roamimg around here were rabbits and other tiny critters.

It wasn't hard for him to spot the mess of blonde hair over by the swings, and when he came up beside Tweek, he also didn't intend on scaring him. "What's up."

Tweek flinched, holding his chest as he stared at Kenny in shock. "Jesus Christ!"

Snickering, Kenny occupied the swing next to Tweek before swinging slightly, looking ahead as he spoke. "What's got you so edgy?"

"I think when somebody jumps out at you in the dark, it's a reasonable response." Tweek frowned.

"I don't know, I was making a lot of noise back there." Kenny arched his eyebrow, flicking the end of his cigarette away. "So, what's with the booty call?"

Tweek shrugged beside him, even though he knew Kenny wasn't watching, and now that he thought about it, his reasons just seemed kinda stupid. "I just thought you might wanna hang out, is all."

Kenny glanced in Tweek's direction but the other blonde looked away. "At one in the morning?" He asked with slight suspicion. "Not that I'm complaining or anything, we've just never hung out before."

"I know." Tweek nodded in the darkness. "It just exhausting seeing the same faces all the time."

Kenny held off on his reply, instead he pushed himself into motion on the squeaky swing, his head tilting back as he looked up at the starry night sky. Tweek watched him for a moment before mimicked his actions, only not swinging as high.

The two of them fell into a comfortable silence, only the sound of the swings as they passed each other, along with the crickets calling out all around them. Moments passed with cold sniffles, before Kenny harshly stopped in place, his feet scraping against the ground with his hair disheveled.

"So, do you wanna tell me what we're doing at a children's park, in the middle of the night?" Kenny turned to Tweek, watching as he attempted to stop swinging, which wasn't as graceful as Kenny had been, but then the greens of his eyes were looking back at him.

"We're thinking."

"What are we thinking about?" Kenny asked lowly.

Tweek was looking down at his hands, feeling like he needed to be holding something. He blew out a frustrated puff of air, raking fingers through his hair. He wanted to tell Kenny what was bothering him, not knowing exactly why he wanted to tell someone he barely knew, but Kenny gave off an aura of trust and confidence that was flaking off on him.

"How do you know who you're supposed to be?"

Kenny had been drawing shapes into the dirt with the toe of his shoe when Tweek had spoke. He glanced up at the strange question, thinking about it himself. "I don't know. I think over time, we just eventually figure it out."

Tweek sighed. "That's what I'm afraid of."

Kenny chewed the corner of his lip as he watched Tweek offhandedly. "Why?"