0026

Anxious eyes scanned the halls for the familiar blonde hair. His breathing feeling tight and strangled as he forced himself not to fall from quaking knees. He didn't want to see any of his friends yet, he wasn't sure if they knew by now, and if they did, he wasn't sure how they'd react.

He trembled in his overwrought state, slightly afraid he wouldn't be able to find him, but just as all hope seemed lost, Tweek spotted Kenny over by the lockers, rummaging around while Stan stood beside him, talking away even though Kenny didn't look like he was actually listening.

It was then that Tweek felt he could breathe a little better, swerving past the remaining students in his way. "Kenny! I need to talk to you."

Stan met Tweek's eye first, looking perplexed as he paused his sentence at the interruption. Kenny spun his head around, almost owl like to acknowledge the other blonde, his eyebrow slightly raised in concern. "Sure, what's up?"

Tweek bit his lower lip, again meeting Stan's eye in a pleading way. It wasn't until a few seconds passed of staring at one another that he finally caught on, and realisation spread across his face. "I'll catch up with you later." He patted Kenny's arm as he readjusted the strap of his bag and regarded Tweek with a short nod, his hat bobbing over the crowd as he walked away.

Kenny looked to Tweek expectantly, one of his hands returning into his locker to collect a book. "He knows." Tweek's voice shook anxiously.

"Who knows what?"

"Craig! Craig knows I like him!" Tweek panted, his breathing coming out as a struggle, whilst he looked to Kenny as though he magically had all of the answers.

Kenny frowned, closing his locker door and fully turned to Tweek with a worn out book lazily grasped in one of his hands. "How'd he find out?"

"I told him."

Kenny subtly nodded, throwing one of his arms around Tweek's shoulders to lead him down the busy corridors, all the while uneasy green eyes darted around in fear of seeing Craig. "Okay, when did this happen?"

"Yesterday at lunch, God, he hates me now, you should've seen the way he looked at me."

"I doubt he hates you. You've been his friend for as long as I can even remember." Said Kenny, his voice completely different to the night of the park. Instead being confident and alluring, he was more inquisitive when he spoke.

"I can't take it back, and now Craig hates me."

"Maybe it's a good thing he knows." Kenny removed his arm to pull the cafeteria door open, allowing Tweek to head in first. "It was obviously tearing you up."

Tweek shuffled inside the cafeteria, not daring to look up since he could already hear Clyde and Jimmy at their usual table. He could only guess that Craig was there too. "I could live with that." He sighed, sticking close to Kenny as he headed over to collect a tray. "Is he here?"

"Who, Craig?" Kenny asked, sliding the tray along when a pizza slide was dropped on it.

"Obviously! Who else would I be talking about?"

Kenny rolled his eyes with his back to Tweek. He shuffled to the end of the line and collected an orange juice and paid, regarding the lunch lady with a small smile. Once he finally turned, he noticed Tweek had pretty much become his shadow. "Yeah he's here." He replied, eying Craig's table for a spilt second, and seeing the blue hat straight away.

"Does he look mad?" Tweek chewed his sleeve nervously.

"It's Craig we're talking about." Kenny took a step ahead, noticing a mess of red hair at his usual table. "C'mon, there's Kyle." He nudged Tweek.

Craig aggressively stabbed at his pasta with a fork as he watched Kenny lead Tweek over to where Kyle and Butters were sitting. It seems he'd been replaced rather fast.

"Dude, if you don't want it, I'll have it." Clyde said, watching Craig as he stared at his plate, not ready to part ways with his food. "You two have a fall out, or something?"

"No." Craig huffed, though it was pretty clear that they had.

"Then why's he over there with them, whilst your here practically holding up repellent sticks."

Craig dropped his fork, glaring at his friend, who continued to raise an eyebrow like a mother about to tell her children to kiss and make up. "Leave it, Clyde, I'm not in the mood."

"Understatement of the year." Clyde said flatly.

"Lovers q-quarrel?" Jimmy questioned, averting his eyes when Craig faced him darkly.

"No, just a bit of a disagreement. Not that it's anyone's business." Craig muttered.

"Lu-looks like we're gonna ha- have to ask Tweek instead." Jimmy half whispered. The intent not fully there as he nudged his drink against Clyde's. Craig only inhaled, holding off on speaking since he didn't have the energy to follow through. He had a headache and it was only increasing at the sound of his friends voices.

"Man It kinda feels like a divorce. Which one of you will I hang around with?" Clyde thought quizzically, a small smile forming on his lips when Craig's middle finger popped up from underneath the table.

"Where's Token?" The noirette asked, wanting to change the subject.

"Band meeting, not a clue when he'll be done." The brunette replied with spaghetti hanging from his mouth, it swaying from side to side as he talked. "He said something about Damion tearing one of the drums."

Craig nodded passively, with his fingers lacing around the fork again as he played with his food, trying his best not to glance over to Tweek. He could faintly hear their voices, but wasn't actually able to understand a word they were saying. It bugged him that Tweek was the one avoiding him, and even though Craig had purposely done the same during the day, and even though he still doesn't want to speak to him, it annoyed him that Tweek had the audacity to not even look in his direction, not once as he engaged in conversation with those guys.

Though, no matter how hard he tried, Craig couldn't prevent the scowl on his face as he watched the back of Tweek's head, because even though he hated him at this moment in time, that was still his friend.