0066

There was little success in squeezing his eyes shut, along with squeezing Craig tightly during their hug, in hopes of inspiring some lost memories. He was extremely comfortable though, and wondered if hugging Craig had always made him feel this way.

Still a little stunned, Craig froze in place, like a statue being consumed by this precious being. He had no idea what was happening, or why he felt so weird, but he also hadn't known how much he needed someone to comfort him until now.

He could feel Tweek's arms loosing their strength after a while, only to return seconds later, squeezing him with a force as though he were a piece soap about to slip out of his hands in the shower. He was imagining what someone would think if they were to walk in on them right now, and though a big part of him cared about being seen, a much smaller part of him wanted to experience the moment a little longer.

Hesitantly, Craig patted Tweek's back in a way that was supposed to say 'times up, let's go,' but then Tweek pressed his head against Craig's shoulder, and in that moment he couldn't think about anything other than how close he'd been to losing his best friend in the accident.

There was a chance that Tweek hadn't woken up that night, a chance that he may have never woken up at all, but he was here, right here, and for that, Craig hugged him back. He relaxed a little, with his arms wrapping around his friend, letting his head rest on the top of Tweek's hair as he sighed.

Something in the way Tweek and Craig still managed too stick together, even despite Tweek's amnesia, made the both of them appreciate the other even more. They were always going to have each other through out their lives, and there was a sense of comfort in knowing that.

It wasn't often Craig hugged anyone, and maybe if he did some more, he wouldn't bottle his emotions up inside so much. He felt a wave of loneliness and uncertainty throughout Tweek's consoling embrace, and though he hated experiencing more than one feeling at a time, when Tweek pulled away, he felt mentally lifted.

It was like a release, to have someone to share this negativity with and to get it off his chest. With the moment over, the awkwardness flooded into the room as Craig played with the ends of his hat to escape the tension. Tweek was watching him with a look in his eye that Craig didn't recognise, and so he avoided his stare, clearing his throat as he looked to the rolled up tissue still covered with blood, clutched into his closed palm.

"What was that about?" He wearily asked, while tossing the tissue into the toilet.

"I don't know, I just wanted to hug you." Tweek confessed. "Do you remember playing at a pond?"

"Starks pond? We used to play there all the time." Craig frowned. "Why?"

"I just- I thought I remembered something."

"Really?"

"It was iced over and you were failing to skate."

For a moment, Craig just stared back in confusion as he tried to think of any time that may have happened, and for now, he came up with nothing. "I have no idea," He shrugged. "We spent almost everyday there when we were younger."

Feeling disappointed, Tweek chewed the inside of his lip as he looked towards the bathroom door. He would've loved to have heard about the rest of that memory, and to have heard it from Craig would've confirmed Tweek's mind wasn't as useless as he was beginning to think it was.