0030

Violent gushes of wind blew through Tweek's tangled hair as he stood over Kenny, leaning over the boy who laid among the twigs and soil, still in pain from being kicked. Kyle's profanities muffled out as background noise. It had taken only a few moments before the redhead started going off on everyone, calling them out for their terrible catching skills, whilst Stan tried his best to calm his friend down, but Eric was by his side taunting him the entire time.

"Are you okay?" Tweek asked, dropping to his knees beside Kenny. The dampness of the ground seeped into the material of his jeans, and his eyes followed where Kenny's hand was trying to soothe the pain, before quickly averting away upon realising exactly where he'd been hit. At least Tweek's cheeks that were flushing with embarrassment were thankfully hidden by the darkness.

"Mhm." Kenny hummed, with his eyes closing momentarily. "I'm probably sterile now."

"I think you're being a little dramatic." Tweek said. A small smile found his lips when Kenny lifted his head up slightly to scowl at him.

"I'm hurt. I'm allowed to be a little dramatic." He complained, dropping his head back down, whilst staring up at Tweek, the slight crinkles on his forehead hidden away by the shadows.

"Fucking hell Stan! Stop touching it." Kyle hissed behind them. He was propped up against the tree, with his legs outstretched across the ground as his head rested against the old bark. His squinted eyes glared at his best friend, who was sat beside him, trying to get a look at his shoulder.

"I'm trying to help you!"

"I need a fucking doctor, not a heavy handed jock." Kyle slapped Stan's hand away.

"Are you lot going to stay down there like a bunch of whiny shit stains, or can we get going?" Eric drawled. His elevated mood hadn't lasted long after his battery ran out halfway through admiring the pictures he'd taken. He was growing tired of standing around. It was late, and now that the fun was over, he wanted nothing more then to go home.

The others didn't look as though they were going to be moving anytime soon. They all just stared up at him in annoyance, their shadowy figures disturbed by the night. Eric tutted behind his teeth, with his eyes rolling as he spun on his heal, making a print in the dirt beneath his shoe.

"Where're you going, Cartman?" Stan sighed. "It's too dark to wander off on your own."

"I'll meet you ladies back at the car."

"You don't even know where we're parked!"

An eerie silence met the air. The calm before a storm. Kyle could sense it, and so could Tweek. Cautious eyes roamed the area, but there was nothing, just the darkness and the swaying trees, long branches that reached out like skeleton arms. Eric was oblivious though, standing tall, with his nose upturned as he stared at the group with disgust.

"I'll be waiting at the sign." His voice muffled in the wind as he turned around. Tweek startled when he heard a creaky sort of noise somewhere behind them. His head whipped around with widened eyes in hopes that would somehow help him see, but still there was nothing there, only Eric's irritating voice droning on in front of him.

He ducked down closer to Kenny out of instinct when he heard another noise, similar to the other, only making a whooshing sound straight after. Kenny gasped lightly when Tweek's head dropped to his, their hair messing together as Tweek shielded him, but before anything could be said, something flew through the air, passing them with a speed that Tweek was almost positive had only just missed him.