0029

It was too dark for Tweek's liking. The trees tenderly whistled songs of the night, as the three boys walked through the seemingly endless off-path route that Kenny was taking them down. It didn't help that non of them could put the flash of their phones on. Tweek and Kenny hadn't brought theirs, whereas Eric flat out refused, determined he was saving his battery for pictures.

Kenny was leading the way, crunching sticks beneath his feet as he stepped over the roots of the trees, so effortlessly that Tweek was beginning to wonder whether he could see in the dark.

"You said it wasn't far!" Eric moaned from the back. Walking, or any other form of exercise for that matter, wasn't his strong suit. He was already slightly out of breath, and they'd only been walking through the forest for five minutes.

"It isn't!" Kenny said over his shoulder. "Stop bitching!"

Eric seethed, kicking a rock so harshly that it sent a throbbing pain to his toe, also hitting Tweek in the back of his leg. "Ouch, what the fuck?" Tweek exclaimed, stopping to rub at his leg.

Kenny laughed when he turned around, seeing the two of them hunched over in pain. Eric rested against a tree, prodding at his toe to make sure it wasn't broken, whilst Tweek glared at him.

"He'll be down by the time we get there."

At Kenny's words, Eric's head snapped up, his face morphing from self pity, to determination as he shook off the pain, limping slightly as he continued to walk. Kenny watched as Eric pushed past him to take the lead, even though he didn't know where they were going. Still he acted as though he did, and ventured on straight, the way they'd been going before.

Tweek came up beside Kenny, his teeth chattering as he rubbed his hands together. "Wanna wear my coat?" Kenny offered.

"No, I'm fine."

"You're not fine, you're cold."

"I'm not."

Kenny stopped walking, holding his arm out in front of Tweek to stop him too, frowning like some concerned mother. He pulled off his coat and placing it over Tweek's shoulders, allowing him to put his arms through the sleeves himself. "There."

Tweek wanted to give it back. He felt bad since now Kenny was the one who was cold, but Kenny was smiling at him in a way that made Tweek want to settle further into the warmth of the coat. Despite feeling like a girl from all of those movies, where the guy would hand over his coat, Tweek kind of liked it, oddly enough.

He must've been staring at the shivering blonde like some dumbly confused owl, since Kenny quietly laughed through his nose. His head shook slightly as he watched Tweek shifting under his stare.

"Oh, no way!" Cartman laughed in the distance, tearing Kenny's attention away as he looked off to where Eric was. A cold hand attached around Tweek's wrist, dragging him through the remaining trees, until they was by Eric's side, with three pairs of eyes gazing upwards.

Stan came out from behind one of the trees, his eyes dead set on the ground to suppress his laughter as he shuffled over to them. "I couldn't find anything to get him down." A muffled laugh escaped his lips, whilst apologetic eyes glanced up the tree.

For the last hour or so, Kenny and Stan had been trying everything to help out Kyle, who'd walked over a tree trap, and was currently dangling upside down. His face was as red as his hair, whilst he glared down at his friends. "It's not fucking funny, Stan!" Kyle yelled.