0073

Everyone aside from Stan had left. They'd stuck around for over an hour, and though Kenny would've preferred them to stay, he understood they had other things to be doing. Having Stan to keep him company was enough, though. Even if he was occasionally shy of words. It made Kenny wonder why, considering Stan was usually a conversational guy.

The television was still on, but now some random cooking show was on, serving as background noise as Kenny watched Stan picking at his stumpy nails. Though he thought the silence between them was unusual, he didn't all that mind. He was finding it hard to concentrate, and his mind was playing tricks on him.

It had been ever since he woke up last night to his sister humming beside his bedside. He could still recall the look of utter shock she'd expressed when his hand lightly squeezed her smaller one, letting her know she wasn't alone. Since then, he'd been seeing moving shadows out of the corner of his eye. They were lurking in places he couldn't see, and disappearing whenever he'd seek them out. He didn't want to be alone anymore, so the silence between himself and Stan was enough.

"You look rough." Kenny spoke up after clearing his throat. As he did so, Stan lifted his head up, averting his eyes from his fingers. "Not been sleeping?"

"Not much." Stan mumbled, wiping his hands down the sides of his face in disstress. "I keep having nightmares."

"What about?"

"That night." He shakily sighed. "I just keep reliving it, over and over again. It's killing me, dude."

"Yeah, I know what you mean." Kenny says, almost nervously playing with the edges of the sheets as he forced himself not to stare at the darkness behind Stan. "I'm kind of afraid to fall asleep."

"It's like I keep smelling the burning car, and all of a sudden, I feel like I'm there all over again."

"Maybe you should talk to someone. Like a professional or something."

"Maybe." Stan nodded, though he wasn't sure that would actually be something he'd  consider. "What about you? Why don't you talk to someone?"

"Pfft, yeah right. Like I have that kind of money." Kenny frowned off to the side. "I'm going to be in debt for years after this."

"Don't you have insurance?" Stan asked wearily, but when Kenny flashed him a look of disbelief, he knew the answer.

-

After Kyle had given both Craig and Tweek a ride home, the two of them were back at the Tucker household once again, only this time, they weren't in the bedroom. As soon as they'd stepped inside, Craig had headed for the front room, switching on the PlayStation which sucked up all of his attention. Attention that Tweek wanted.

The blonde watched, unamused as Craig played his favourite shooting game, completely ignoring his company. That was until Tweek had enough, switching the television off and immediately received a look of pure annoyance from Craig. He didn't care though, and as he stood in front of the screen with his arms crossed, he glared right back at Craig.

"What was that for?"

"Why did you invite me here, if you were just going to pretend I wasn't here the entire time?" Tweek huffed.