0056

"Tell me this is just a coincidence, and it has nothing to do with me."

Craig glanced up at the Tweek bros sign as he stopped his hand from pushing the door open anymore. The entirety of the way over, he'd been endlessly navigating Tweek around, explaining who lives where and who runs what. It wasn't as though it bothered him as such, only that Tweek's suspicious responses were enough to make him sigh with irritation. "It's your families coffee shop. They named it after you for some reason." He explained, and after moving aside so that a customer could pass through, he looked back over to Tweek who's eyes lit up with awe as he studied the sign.

"They named it after me?" The blonde repeated in disbelief. "Nice."

"Are you coming in, or do you just wanna stay out here by yourself?"

The frown returned to Tweek's face with him being rushed by Craig. He just added it to the many other reasons why he pondered his friendship with the guy, and after shoving his way past to enter into the warmth of his parents coffee shop, his gaze focused on his father brewing a fresh pot of coffee for an elderly customer. Craig was close behind, but his presence was hardly noticed as Richard flashed his well known smile towards his son while he gestured him over.

"Tweek, I didn't expect you to be out and about so soon. Is Craig here showing you the ropes?"

"What ropes?"

Richard only laughed at his sons response. He figured he was still adjusting to his surroundings, and not to mention his company. "Never mind that. You two find a seat and I'll bring some drinks over. What will it be, Craig?"

"Hot chocolate, please." Craig drawled, reminding Tweek of his closeness.

"Coming up!"

"He didn't even ask me what I wanted." Tweek stressed as they sat by the window. His eyes were nervously flickering over to the very few customers occupying the other tables whilst Craig silently watched him. "Why are my hands so sweaty?"

"Relax." Craig said as his shoe lightly kicked at Tweek's to gain his attention. He guessed Tweek's parents had forgotten to tell him to take his anti anxiety medication today. Perhaps that was why he was so worked up. "Your dad knows how you like your coffee."

"Coffee?" Tweek raised a sceptical eyebrow. "You're not having coffee."

"I don't like it, hence why I didn't order it."

"Whatever." Tweek dismissed, shaking the topic from his head. "You said you'd take me to see Stan?"

"I sent him a message, but he hadn't replied."

"Then call him." The blonde urged desperately. Knowing this 'Stan' character was walking around out there, somewhere, was fuelling Tweek's motives. He needed to know about the night that took away his memories. He wanted to know the full story so that he could fill in some of the missing pieces. Right now, that night was only a feeling to Tweek. He remembered being cold and scared. He remembered the pain he felt, only now it didn't make sense. It felt like finding a random bruise on your skin, though you have no recollection of the events that caused it.

He nervously watched as Craig grumbled to himself as he withdrew his phone from his pocket. Tweek unintentionally memorised the passcode as his companion unlocked it, with a few seconds of finger tapping to the lit screen going by before he held it to his ear. Craig's stare locked onto Tweek as he listened to the ringing, and as the blonde sitting opposite him stared back, he found himself examining the different shades of green his eyes had to offer.