Lisom.❤

Mason looks over at his sleeping husband, Liam.
Mason smiles.
Liam's mouth hangs open, snores coming out from his mouth.
Mason cared less, he still loved his Liam.
"I know you are staring Mason."
Liam turns over to see Mason, who is staring.
"What? I cannot ogle over my husband? Who looks damn fine, might I add."
"Looks damn fine. You must have another man on the side. Have you seen me?"
"Well, you did catch me staring. So, yeah, I have seen you recently Liam."
"Getting coy with me. Now why are we awake at three in the morning?"
Mason shrugged, but Liam saw through his act "What is wrong Mason?"
"I am.. I am so happy about our baby girl, I just.. I am very worried."
"What about?"
Mason gets out of bed, pacing around their room, "Everything! Liam, what if I cannot handle this responsibility! What if..what if she does not like me? What is going to happen when you leave me alone with her for the first time! What if I cannot hear her crying during the night? What if I cannot calm her down! Good grief!"
Liam laughed "Usually it is the pregnant one who has these worries. However, Mason, we can do this. I know we can."
"That is what every couple says! What if this baby tears us apart Liam?"
"That will not happen. Not to us Mason."
"I need some air."
Mason grabs his shoes then leaves.
"No, come back Mason! Mason, please..no, come back to me, please." Whispered Liam.

Mason found himself at a bar that is around the corner. He is not a regular, but someone who frequency is there.
He sits at the bar, and orders his drink.
Slowly he takes a sip, "That does taste nice." He sighed.
"Sounds like you needed that drink."
"I did."
"Well as a bar tender, it is my job to listen to people's problems." She smiled.
Mason takes another sip, "I am expecting a little girl."
"You should not be drinking then!" The woman swiped his drink away from him.
"Hey, hey. I am not the actual pregnant one."
"Oh. Of course you are not the pregnant one. Please continue."
"My beer?" Mason questioned.
"Oh yeah, here is your beer."
"Thanks much. Now as I was saying, my husband is expecting our little girl. Which I have been very supportive. And I always have been happy about, up until now."
"What changed?"
"I allowed my anxiety to creep inside, allowing it to manifest inside. Until I could feel my heart pumping away. That is when I knew I needed to leave."
"Are you going back tonight?"
Mason shrugged.
"You should. You seem like a very nice young man. So yes, anxiety took a hold of your body for a minute. It happens. Especially when there is change coming. And a baby is a huge change. If not the biggest change. But change is not all bad. It can be for the better. And especially about having a baby! You are worried now, just wait until you see your little one. All those worries, and your anxiety will seem like no big problem. Then comes the next part, learning how to become a parent. Sure, you can read all those books. But the real key to success is listening to instincts. Men also have fatherly instincts, it is not only woman."
"I worry that I might not have any fatherly instincts. I want to do right for my daughter. For her."
"And you will. You just need some time with her. She will look at you with the biggest adoration."
"Yeah?"
"Absolutely. She wants the warmth of her daddy. She wants to be held, she wants those I love you baby. She wants her fathers to love her, just as you love her."
"We do love her." Mason said.
"Then why are you here instead of home with your family?"
"I am leaving."

Mason comes home to see Liam still awake.
"Oh Mason!" Liam sighed, waddling over to Mason.
"I am so sorry. I..I acted poorly."
"You did nothing wrong! I should have picked up off you something was wrong. I knew there was, but, I chose to ignore it. And I am so sorry Mason. Do not be mad."
"Only if you promise not to be mad at me."
"Of course not, what you were feeling was absolutely normal. This is a first for us. We are not sure what to be expecting. But you know what would help?"
"What Liam?"
"Us talking. Us discussing all of our worries, and anxieties. Knowing that we can trust the person across from us."
"I did not want to trouble you Liam. I know how much of a difficult time you are having, especially now with your bump getting bigger." Mason admits.
Liam pats his bump "We both depend on you Mason. You cannot always be SuperMan, you need to be Mason. That is SuperMan enough for your family. I love you."
Mason steps closer to Liam, "I always am your superhero."
"Lucky me."
"Who swears to honor and to protect you."
Liam nods "I know you will protect us both Mason."
"With my life."
"I know you will protect us with your life, now, how about we go back to bed?"
"Marvelous idea. Come on, I need to cuddle with you."

Hello.😃
I do encourage you, the readers, to make requests.
Please leave them in the comments.
Thanks!
😍