Chapter 1

Don't stop running! You thought to yourself as you ran through the woods, ducking behind trees, bending around branches and jumping over roots and stones. Don't let them catch up! Just keep running! You chanted over and over in your head to keep running. There was no way you were going back to that place. It had been so long since you've seen the outside world. It felt strange. Almost as if it wasn't real, as if to be a dream. You had forgotten what the grass and dirt felt like under you feet, in between your toes. Every now and then you would obtain and small cut on your foot. You've been inside a small room for a while. Most of the time, strapped to a bed, not being able to move. Other times were spent in wheel chairs or on your hands and knees, meaning your feet grew thin and brittle. The tiniest pebble could cause blood if you were to stand on it, exerting a lot of weight - as if to run on it. Which you were doing now. But not in pebbles, but on mud, sharp stones and twigs. Your feet bled but you didn't stop running. You ran deeper and deeper into the woods, it grew darker and darker as the trees blocked out the sun. As you ran, you searched around you, checking for people following you; you were clear. You stopped at a near by tree. Leaning your back against it, sliding down and slumping to the floor. You were so tired, agony took over your feet and toes. You stare down at them, noticing you leg start to shake as the nerves vibrated in your ankle and knee from all the running. You panted like a dog, completely out of breath. You rested your head back against the tree, closing your eyes to get a bit of rest. All was peaceful. However, this did not last long.
"Over here!" You hear a mans voice shout. Oh god! Please no!
You scramble to your feet, stumbling and tripping as your feet grew numb. Come on feet! Don't fail me now! You thought to yourself as you struggled to get up. The men grew nearer, you could hear the footsteps becoming louder and louder. Your heart rate increased as you started to panic. As they were a couple of meters away from you, your legs spring back in action, and you we able to run again. A man reaches out to grab your shirt collar, but he misses by inches and you run forward, deeper into the woods. The men hot on your trail.
As you ran, you stumble over a large tree root, sticking out of the ground. You fall to the floor, landing with a thud. You try to stand but one of the men was already in your back, pinning you to the floor.
"I got her!" He hollered, calling to the other men. You wiggle under his grip, but he just exerts more weight into your back, restricting movement of your lungs, making it hard to breath. You try to gasp for air. Your vision starts to blur when suddenly something snaps in your mind. You had enough. You wasn't going to let this happen, not again. In a blink of an eye you managed to swing round, pouncing on the man who had pinned you. You now had him pinned to the floor. His eyes grew wide in fear. The other man stopped and gasped, watching what would happen. Deciding whether they should run for their lives or help out the man.
Your grip tightened on the mans wrists and your nails dug into his skin, piercing it, causing blood to trickle out from under your fingers where you made tiny holes from you grip. He flinches in pain, wriggling to free his hands. You stared down at him. You felt a burning sensation in your eyes and your body. The man watched your face in terror as your eyes began to change colour. They changed from a [E/C] colour to a dark red. Your head began to twitch. Not as if you had a tic, but as if you were insane. The corners of your mouth started tearing up into a psychotic smirk. The man started to cry. However, he suddenly froze, even his tears stopped streaming from his eyes. Your appearance started to change yet again. Your eyes turned an orange-yellow colour. Your pupils changing from a smooth orb shape into a slit. Still slightly rounded. The type of shape you would see in a cats eyes. Your ears started to merge with the side of your head as two new ones grew on the top. They were slightly rounded yet slightly pointy. Your mouth grew from a smirk into a snarl. Your teeth elongated. Your canines were now like fangs. Your molars and incisors also came to a sharp fang-like point. Sharp enough to tear through the roughest of meats. Your face distorted and your entire body start to change, merge and morf. You grew a sickly black coat of fur and you nose also changed its shape and colour. Blending in with your fur. Your height and weight increased and you continuing pinning down the men. You hear his legs snap and crush under your weight. Your face started to twitch as smooth whiskers grew from under your cheeks by your nose. Your short tail bone that would have been possessed by a human grew out from your spine, forming a long soft tail. Your hands changed from fingers to big black paws. Talons snapped out into place. Puncturing the mans flesh. Making the holes even bigger, wider and deeper. You scream in his face at the top of your lungs. Your scream soon formed into a loud, hair raising roar. You had now fully transformed. You were no longer human but a beautiful black panther. You continued to snarl are roar as the mans body shook. He wanted to scream but he couldn't. His body had succumb to the fear. He couldn't move. You don't waste anytime before plunging your fangs into his neck. Latching your jaw around it. He starts to struggle but you just force your jaw to lock, biting down hard, ripping out his throat. Life quickly drained from his eyes as his body became limp. You swallowed down the flesh. You had no control over what you were doing. You were completely wild. Your human mind became unconscious as your animal side took over. You inhale deeply through your nose. Your senses had increased significantly and you easily picked up the scent of the men who had already ran away. They were long gone but it wouldn't be hard to track them down. You step off the dead corpse. About to run when suddenly you hear a high pitch sound. Like static, ringing in your ears and inside your head. This caused pain to irrupt through you. Your body slammed to the floor, as you whined in pain. Your vision grew blurry and dark as a tall figure comes into sight. Towering over you. You finally give in, passing out. As your body and mind fell unconscious, your form changes back to a human as quick as a flash. As if none of this had happened. As if you had never become, that creature.