Chapter 52

Eyeless Jacks POV
"Sally?!" My voice echoes as I stare at the girl in shock. Her eyes wide about my sudden burst into her room, but her usual cute smile returns to her face as she pats Smiles who laid on her lap as she sat crossed legged on the floor.
"Jacky!" She squeals, showing me a wide grin. I grind my teeth as I walk over to her, my hands and fingers clenched into a fist.
"Sally, you're the one who made Smiles attack [Name]?!" I snarl as I look down to her, leaning over her. The grin disappears from her face, with a saddened frown forming as replacement.
"I'm sorry. I had to!"
"Why did you have to? I thought you like [Name]?"
"I do like [Name]!"
"So then why?!"
Smiles began to growl under Sally's pat as I begin to raise my voice at the girl. Her bares his teeth trying to show himself as treating. I ignored it. That mutt knows nothing about how to look threatening. I'll show him what terror really is. Stupid dog!
I stare down at the snapping mutt as I lift my hand to my mask, starting to tilt the bottom to reveal my mouth, but before I could, I'm stopped by Sally pulling on my arm.
"Jack don't!"
I hiss behind my mask and without thinking I grab the collar of Sally dress behind her neck, walking away as I pull her with me. Smiles tries to bite my legs but a kick in the ribs soon sends him running.
"Let go Jacky!" Sally cries, wriggling from my grasp. My grip starts to loosen so I remove my hand from the back of her dress and grab onto her upper arm, squeezing hard as I yank her out of her room.
"Where are we going?!" She asks, her voice full of fear. She may be a proxy and all but she's still only a child.
"You must be punished." I state bluntly in a stern voice. A small gasp can be heard for Sally before she starts to cry. I ignore her sobs and continue on down the hallway.
However, I soon stop in my tracks as [Name] comes into view, walking towards me. She's.. human!

Readers POV
"You may open your eyes child." Slender orders. I waste no time in tearing back my eyelids, standing to my feet with a big smile. I felt dizzy and off balance, it's been a while since I've walked on two legs. I've had been on all fours for so long. But I didn't care as I was glad to be human again. I hug Slender out of impulse. His tentacles wrap around me to return the embrace.
"Thank you Slender!" I grin before letting him go and walking out of his office.
I closed the door and started walking down the hallway with a smile on my face. However, the smile soon disappears when I hear the cries of a girl. This girl in particular was someone I knew. Sally.
I begin to quicken my pace, the sounds getting louder and louder until I find the source. I saw Sally begging pulled by someone. Jack!

I was happy to see him, but why was her holding Sally like that?
"[Name], you're human?!" Jack says. I could sense the smile from under his mask. This made me feel warm inside.
"Yep, Slender fixed me! But, why do you have Sally?"
"[Name], I told you I was going to find who commanded Smiles to attack you. Well, I found out." He says as he tugs on Sally's arm, causing her to yelp.
"Sally?.. you made Smiles hurt me?.. but, why?"
"I didn't want to do it! I swear! But I had to!" She replays in protest, shaking her head side to side as more tears stream from her eyes.
"What do you mean." I ask as I walk up to her, crouching to her level, placing a hand in her shoulder. Jack watches as I lower myself to Sally's height.
"Someone asked me to do it as Smiles wouldn't listen to them."
"Who made you do this to me Sally?"
"Umm.. I can't say.."
"Well can you at least tell us why?" Jack says, causing both of us to look up to to him. There was silence as Sally rubbed her eye, removing the tears. She nods before turning back to me.
"It was because they were jealous."
"Jealous? Of what Sally?"
"Of you. With Jack."
"But why? Who is 'they' Sally?"
"Sally, if you like [Name] as much as you say you do, then tell her who it was." Jack says in a calm voice as his grip loosens around her arm.

There was silence once again, however, when Sally opened her mouth to speak, no words came out. Instead she let out and angry scream. A frown forming on her face.
"I'm sorry, but I won't say it!" She defends as her face begins to bleed from her hair line, dripping down her face as her eyes become shadowy. Her clothes start to look ragged and torn as her breathing becomes heavy.
"I will not betray her!" Sally yells. I stand back to my feet and look over to Jack in worry. I had never seen Sally like this.
As Sally's tantrum begins to grow, Jack and I had a sudden realisation. Sally had said 'she', and the only other female here is Sadie. I nod to Jack as he turns and runs down the hall. I place both hands on Sallys shoulders as I start to hum to calm her down. But my humming soon changes to singing.
"Hmmm, hmm hmm Hm hmmm hmmm. Hush little Sally don't you cry, or [Name]'s gonna poke you on the thigh." Sally giggles slightly at my lyrics but she giggles louder when I poke her leg.
"Hush little Sally don't you weep. Or [Name]'s gonna poke you on your sleep." Sally giggles once more as I begin to tickle her side. She swings forward and hugs me as she begins to calm down.