Chapter 37

~*Dream*~

"Wake up sleepy head." A voice calls. I open my eyes to the sudden movement of my body being slung backwards. However, my eyes where open, yet everything was black. I instantly reach my hands to my face, feeling around. Covering my eyes was a long piece of metal. This metal was connected to a headset surrounding my head. I begin to breath heavy as I panic. I try to feel around with my feet, which I was  able to do. My wrists and ankles had no restraints. But there was one around my waist and I had no idea what else this headset was for.
I slowly take small steps forward, feeling for where I was, when suddenly the restraint on my waist pulls, stopping me.
"Woah, not too far." A voice echoed again. This voice was different. It wasn't my normal tormentor, this one sounded more sarcastic.
"You must be confused pet. Where are you now? What are we planning to do with you this time? Any of those questions come to mind?" The voice asked. I growl, biting into my tongue.
"Ah I'll take that as a yes." The voice laughs. It's laugh sounded like static, an annoying ringing in my ears.
"Okay pup. I wanna play a game. In front of you, is the monster who laid before you in your last test. The one you chose to save instead of kill."
My heart sunk into my stomach. I had chosen to save this 'monster' once. Now I have another game with him, or her, it?
"No! No more games! Please!" I plead, falling to me knees as I sob on the floor. However the voice just chuckles.
"Come now kitten. Don't you wanna play with your new friend? This game is much more fun than the last one!" The voice squeals as if to be a little school girl.
I continue to sob as I slowly stand to my feet. I had no idea where I was, I could of been in a room, in a basement, in a giant furnace. Anywhere. I had no idea how the 'monster' was portrayed in front of me. It could be chained, loose, on a bed. Anything.
"Okay so, for this game, you need to work as a team. You and this monster. He has all of his senses. You have all but your sight. Somewhere in this room is a table containing a case. In a case lies two needles filled with fluid. One is harmless, a placebo. The other, is lethal. You must take both needles and choose who gets the placebo and who gets the lethal dose. However, to get into the case, you must find a lock code. You must complete this game within 30 minutes. Or you both receive a painful punishment. But I'll make it a little easier for you. The code is in the back of your minds, you just need to find it." The voice explains. My mind explodes metaphorically as all the information sinks In. I started to panic. Why these games?
"Why are you giving me these game choices!" I call angrily. However, the voice does not reply to my question, instead, there was a pause until it finally spoke again.
"You time starts now." It states before a timer sound goes off. I begin to panic as my body spins and shakes around.
"Hey hey! Calm down!" A stern voice orders. I freeze, listening for it to say something else.
"You heard what he said. We must work together."
"A-Are you the?-"
"The monster.. yes."
I gulp as the game starts to feel too real. My hands grow sweaty and shaky as I wait for him to talk.
"Okay. I see where the case is. But we need a code."
I nod hoping that the monster would be able to see my gesture.
"Where are you? Are you tied down?" I ask, looking around the room.
"Im chained to the wall by my hands and my feet." It replies.
"O-okay.. so where could a code be?" I stutter, as I move my head around, even though I couldn't see anything.
"He said in the back of our- hey! Stop your head there!" The monster demands. I instantly freeze as fear fills my bones.
"There! On the back of your headset!"
"W-What? Can you read it?!"
"I can only make out 1 of 3 numbers. Come closer so I can see."
"O-Okay.." I say nervously before slowly sliding my foot forward and taking a step. I had no idea what was in front of me, how could I? All I could do was feel around with me feet.
"That's it.. a little closer.. okay stop!" I follow his orders and stop, turning around so I face away from him. Waiting for his voice to call the numbers.
"739. That number mean anything to you?" He asks. I lower my head as a tear starts to fall down my cheek.
"It's my subject name.." I murmur. He takes the hint that I don't want to talk about it and starts to continue with the game.
"Okay. Your facing in a good direction right now.. Take 4 steps forward." I do as he says, taking 4 steps forward, more confidently because of the fact that I was being guided.
"Okay good. Take 2 steps to the right and then 2 forward." Again, I do as he says. Following each step correctly.
"Okay.. there appears to be some sort of wire in front of you. Crouch down." I swallow hard as I crouch to the floor.
"Hm, your headset is in the way, try crawling.." I fall from my toes into my hands and knees.
"Good. Carefully crawl forward until I say stop." So, I do as he says. I slowly crawl forward, even though I couldn't see, I clenched my eyes shut in fear. I had no idea what this wire could do if I touched it.
"Okay stop. You can stand now." Thank god. I slowly stand to my feet, shrinking my hoody incase anymore wires were around.
"H-Hey.. how do I know which will be the placebo or not?" I ask shyly.
"I don't know. Take 4 more steps forward and you should reach the table."  He replied. However, his answer made me anxious because of how quick he changed the subject and how quick he answered. It could be nothing but I was nervous.
I take 4 steps forward, reaching out my hands as a material comes into contact with my skin.
"I can't see the dials for the code."
"Just slowly count as you turn them, hopefully they should all be on zero."
I take a deep breath as I begin to turn each dial. 7....3....9....
"Yes! It's open!" I cheer as I reach my hands inside, picking up the two needles. I was about to talk when suddenly someone grabs me from behind, pinning down my arms to my boy tightly, with one of their arms while their other hand griped onto my neck. I scream at the sudden presence of an attacker.
"What's going on!" I cry. However, the voice that replied shocked me.
"Hold still." He demanded. It was my team partner. The monster.
"Please god don't hurt me!" I beg as my body stiffens at his grip. I wondered how he got free from his chains or if he was even chained in the first place. But my first priority was making sure I stayed alive.
"Give me the needles." He growled into my ear. My grip on the needles only tightened.
"W-Which one"
"The placebo. Sorry but I'm not dyeing for you. You're weak."
"B-But I saved you in the last game! I chose to harm myself instead of killing you!"
"And what a stupid choice that was. You should have killed me when you got the chance." His grip tightened on my neck causing my head to lean back against his pressure.
"Placebo. Now." He snarls. I shakily lift both needles up, there was a pause as he looked for which one it was.
"Ugh! They both look exactly the same!.. well, this is your game right.. you have to be injected with at least one needle. They didn't say you couldn't have both.  So let's have a trial run. " As he says that, he grabs a random syringe and plunges it into my thigh. I cry as the needle stabs into my leg.
He pushes the fluid into my bloodstream. I yell out in agony as the fluid burns through my body. It felt like I had been injected with acid. He releases me and I fall to the floor as my entire body feels like it's on fire, I roll around screaming as the monster stands their chuckling.
"Looks like you got the lethal dose." With that, i hear the sounds of a needle piecing skin as he I injects  himself.
"Hm. Nothing. Good." He laughs. My body feels like it was melting as I thrash around. However, I do not feel my body falling unconscious. Instead, I feel it, changing?...every bone in my body felt like it was being broken and fixed over and over.
I hear the monster start to walk away, but out of  no where, I reach out and grab his leg, holding on tight.
"Hey! Get your hand- What the hell!? Hey your paw off me!" He orders. My..paw?.. but I should have hands. I try to speak but the only thing that comes out is a loud growl and snarl. Like a rabid animal.
I continue to cry as the pain fills my body.